1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Mad Lil' Jerry, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

I love little Jerry and The Monotones!My three favourite musical numbers from them are Sad,Telephone Rock and Danger.They really are groovy!I so enjoyed their segments when I watched SS as a child.
    Yorick likes this.
  2. Soul H

Soul H New Member

What happens in the video "Danger"?
  3. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

In"Danger"the band is seen performing their song in a construction site,where brick buildings and stuff keep exploding around them.The song goes"Danger,Daaaanger baby watch ouwowowowout,WATCH OUT".The band members themselves shake with fear at the constant explosions around them. :sing: :flirt:
  4. spinwithagrin

spinwithagrin New Member

The only Little Jerry clip that I know of that's recently available is 'Telephone Rock' on the 'Rock & Roll' DVD. Not a bad compilation that includes 'Can't get no Cooperation' - nice parody song but the real jem is 'You're Alive' - that song still kicks after all these years!

Oh and Grover's rendition of 'Monster in the Mirror' never goes astray...;)
  5. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

What happens in The Video "Sad"?Do you know where I can hear it from :confused: :sing:
  6. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

In"Sad"the band members each have a hanky,while performing the song to the sound of a screaming audience.Their background is just a pale green colour.At the end of the segment,they all break down crying. :sing: :flirt:
  7. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Thanks!But do you know where I can hear it from?

I hope it's on Muppet Central Radio.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's right! Well maybe it's OK to do that if it's obviously a joke on a TV show. ::shrugs::
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yea, i would guess either since it was called "The Monotones" and the SS version was Little Jerry and not just Monotones but you never know. Maybe that's why we haven't seen any on the Sesame Street Video Beta site they have. But that is neat to know that there was a group called that. Pretty cool.
  10. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Little Jerry, pre-Monotones

This will knock your socks off. Way back in the first season, there was a protoype of the Monotones. Bob is seen with a bunch of hippie Muppets, and he's actually putting Jerry's orange hair on top of his pointy green head. Bob walks off, the lights dim, and they lauch into "Spinning Wheel", which at the time was a big hit for Blood Sweat and Tears. There is a spinning wheel and a light show flashing on the screen behind them. It looks like Sesame Street at the Fillmore East, very groovy, very psychedelic. Little Jerry was actually performed by Jim this time.

I'm afraid this one will never see the light of day on an official release, due to all the legal clearances involved. (Just like I'm not holding my breath on the Muppet version of "Up, Up and Away").
    But the fact is this clip DOES exist, and a copy is out there SOMEWHERE.

I would also love to see them release a Little Jerry documentary, kinda like Spinal Tap. It could be great.
  11. Mad Lil' Jerry

Mad Lil' Jerry New Member

Still recruiting...

Hey,

I've got the Little Jerry e-group running, and it's really quiet there. Anyone interested in the Little Jerry and the Monotones group can go to:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Little_Jerry_And_The_Monotones/

Any and all discussion in regards to the group is welcome so I hope we get some great conversation going!

-Steve
  12. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

:sing: Sounds like this:
    Though it's not as flashy as the version mentioned in the description you gave (I'd love to see that!) it's still really cool.
    :D Oh yeah! I would love that! What rockin' fun that would be!
    Wow, so Little Jerry talks in both of those scenes? Are there any clips on youtube of Little Jerry having a conversation? I saw a skit where Little Jerry gave Snuffy confidence in singing...that was very cool, but I can't find it on youtube. It makes me wonder just how many Little Jerry moments (music and non-music) aired. If we had a list, that might helpful to those who put these great moments on youtube. And it'd be fun for all of us to read, of course! I sure would love to see them all!

Under the "Spinning Wheel" video, a youtube user quote gave me a good chuckle:
    LOL! Little Jerry totally rocks! What more needs to be said? :)
  13. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

15. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I guess it didn't show up when I searched because (at the time of this writing) "Little" and "Monotones" aren't tags in the vid - which reminds me to always type "Sesame Street" with the song title, rather than the Sesame musical artist name :)

Thanks Oscarfan/MarshalGrover! Though you may not be the biggest fan of them (love that quote I mentioned in post #36 of this thread!) do you have a favorite Little Jerry and the Monotones song? Anyone else want to chime in with a favorite? I know this was discussed here before, but it's been a while.
  16. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Hey fuzzygobo, I actually have the audio for "Spinning Wheel"!

:fanatic:

I was listening to a podcast hosted by DJ Food from 2004 celebrating the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, and that's where I found it. And it was Gordon (Matt Robinson) who was dressing the AMs and not Bob. Jim Henson performed the lead singer/Little Jerry prototype (using a voice similar to Dr. Teeth's), and Professor Hastings was in it as well.

Now if I can find a way to crop the song from that podcast into a single file...
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

If you send me the podcast, I can do it for you.
  18. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I just sent you a PM ;)
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Once someone gets this, can I get a copy?

I still hold the deep seated hope that somewhere, SW would release the Proto-Monotones Surprise song with all the cutscenes in tact.

Seems even the Hebrew version with the Oscar/American Cast member sequence is gone.
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's interesting how that song is associated with Little Jerry and the Monotones, even though the lead singer and one of the back-up singers are obivously different characters (though it includes members resembling Big Jeffy and the orange member). It was incorrectly listed as being sung by the group in the Surprise! album, then several years later Little Jerry and the Monotones actually did sing it on the show, and then sometime later when they did an episode where Elmo had to fill in for Little Jerry, Elmo sang Surprise in addition to Mad, Sad, and Proud.