Calendar

scarecroe

Reaction score
While browsing around our new home here, I was delighted to find a calendar section. By default, I figured that any calendar entries made by myself would be public for everyone to see. To test this theory, I applied a few entries, logged out and checked to see if I could see them. Sadly not.

Is there a way to make public calendar entries for everyone to see? In my mind, this is the real benefit of having a calendar on a forum. If I wanted a private calendar, I'd install Outlook or something. A public calendar would enable us to schedule chats more efficiently, or, as was in my case, keep a list of upcoming events for everyone to see, such as all the upcoming DVD releases.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

The calendar is a great future that will help out tremendously with birthday, appearances, and new releases.

Right now, members can't add things to the calendar. But this summer version 3.0 of our forum software will be coming out and it will have many great options for the calendar and we'll be using it extensively. It's likely that the calendar will also be implemented site-wide, including non-forum pages as well.

So hang in there... you're beginning to see one of the big benefits with our move.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
....this summer version 3.0 of our forum software will be coming out and it will have many great options for the calendar and we'll be using it extensively. It's likely that the calendar will also be implemented site-wide, including non-forum pages as well.
All sounds terrific Phil.

A very strong Congratulations on all of the changes and improvements that have been being made recently.

Kudos to you and your team!

Luke

Reaction score
Yup you can use pictures and HTML in the calendar entries too - so say for Jim's birthday you could have a picture of Jim.

It is still VERY annoying not being able to respond to someone directly - will V3 of the software sort that out at all ?