C is for Cookie Monster DVD

ssetta

Reaction score
I saw a preview for this on Sesame Street's YouTube channel. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUl4zKLOMMo&feature=sub

It actually looks like it should be pretty good. It looks like it includes some street stories, sketches and songs featuring Cookie Monster, both new and old. I also noticed that in this clip, they include all 3 versions of C is for Cookie. I wonder if the actual DVD will feature those. I don't know if it's going to have any original material, though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope all those segments are included. The DVD looks really awesome! The DVD description says there's 12 "favorites", so there may be a lot of stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope all those segments are included. The DVD looks really awesome! The DVD description says there's 12 "favorites", so there may be a lot of stuff.
Where does it say there'll be 12 favorites? I didn't see it in the preview, the description posted by Sesame Workshop in the link, or on the Muppet Wiki page.

But if it's 12 segments, I'll count what has been confirmed in both the promo and the Muppet Wiki page:

1. Cookie Hood (I wonder if the song about what cookies are called in other countries will be included, and if that would be counted seperately)
2. The Cookie Tree
3. Cookie Monster Sorting Song
4. Gingerbread Man
5. Healthy Food with Wyclef Jean
6. C is for Cookie - original
7. C is for Cookie - with Marylin Horne
8. C is for Cookie - remake
9. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco
10. A Cookie is a Sometimes Food

So that's ten confirmed so far, assuming Sesame Workshop didn't just put in some classic clips a la the Being Green trailer. I wonder if maybe the three C is for Cookie segments will be combined into a montage of sorts... I kinda hope it does, so it'll provide room for more segments, and two of those three have already been released on DVD many times.

Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco is a little suprising, since it had been released on DVD last year (a number of these sketches have). Sure, it was high on my wishlist for the 40th anniversary DVD, and it is worthy of multiple releases (unlike Marylin Horne's "C is for Cookie")... But still, there are a number of great unreleased Cookie Monster songs from this period that could have been included instead (I'm Going to Get my Haircut, Hey Food, Google Bugle).

But if all three versions of C is for Cookie are included in their entirety, then I hope the remaining two segments are classic, preferable something with Cookie and Kermit (my preference is either the feelings lecture or the mystery box) or Cookie and Ernie (I'd prefer either the "same and different" sketch or Breakfast Time), and a Monsterpiece Theater segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The WB and SW store have the same descriptions, which state "The Cookie Collection is a dozen delicious Cookie Monster favorites baked just for you!" So, that probably means there's 12 segments on it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow I think that the C is For Cookie numbers are all combined into one segment that cuts into the three different versions. It would make no sense to put the same song three times no matter what logic you use to get it across. Unless one of them is a bonus feature or something, but these things are rarely good on bonuses.

Still want it for Cookie Hood, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somehow I think that the C is For Cookie numbers are all combined into one segment that cuts into the three different versions. It would make no sense to put the same song three times no matter what logic you use to get it across. Unless one of them is a bonus feature or something, but these things are rarely good on bonuses.
If they do such a release for Ernie, I wonder if they'd edit in all versions of Rubber Duckie, at least all Ernie versions. Then we'd get more footage from the original version!

Hopefully this won't include every Cookie Monster clip that was released on the 40th anniversary DVD. But even though all of the known classic clips have been released previously, this looks like it could be the best Sesame Street DVD release since Warner got the rights.

And if this is what it takes to get classic material out there, I hope they make "G is for Grover", "O is for Oscar", and "C is for The Count" (an extreme list for me is "K is for Kermit"... and the upside there is that there are no known street stories focusing on Kermit, and of course there wouldn't be too many post-classic clips).

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they were indeed to do an Ernie release, the only versions of Rubber Duckie I'd like to see are the rare actual first version (slim chance of that, though) or the newer refilmed version. It's almost if SW doesn't even know the original original one exists.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If they were indeed to do an Ernie release, the only versions of Rubber Duckie I'd like to see are the rare actual first version (slim chance of that, though) or the newer refilmed version. It's almost if SW doesn't even know the original original one exists.
At least SW knows the original I Love Trash and ABC-DEF-GHI exist (before those were released on the first Old School I was wondering whether they existed in the first season or were just recorded for the first album). It would be interesting to know how Sesame Workshop normally labels song sketches that were performed multiple times by the same character.

Oh, and I don't know whether you know this, but the newer refilmed version was released in the video Kids' Favorite Songs, intercut with footage from the filmed version with Ernie's vocals (no, I haven't seen that video... I'm going by what was said at Muppet Wiki).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If it does end up being a montage, I wouldn't mind the Candice Bergen version thrown in.

zns

Reaction score
I wonder if Frank Oz will recieve any credit for this DVD?