Byron in concert in Nashville, TN!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! I am STILL floatin' on my cloud!!!! :big_grin:

*pant, pant, pant*

Okay, here's the deal.

I am a HUGE fan of Lorrie Morgan, and this week is Fan Fair in Nashville (when all the big stars have parties and concerts with their fans). Well, I decided at the last minute to go the separate party the online Lorrie fans were havin', cause it was free. So I go there, and they all surprise me with a ticket to the real deal Thursday! :eek: I was so stunned and touched, I couldn't believe it...

So, to thank them, I asked one of the fan club presidents if I could thank everybody and sing 'em one of my Lorrie parodies (and Lorrie and her husband Sammy Kershaw dropped by to mingle and eat!). He said sure, so I got it, and I sang my parody of Lorrie's signature hit from '91, "Something In Red", called "Something In Bread", about food (one of my favorite things, don'tcha know).

Everybody laughed (in the good way) and seemed to like it---I saw Lorrie laugh, and that really made my day!---and the other fan club president (they're a married couple) asked me why I didn't enter the "write a song about Lorrie or one of her songs and send it to us" contest they were havin' at the real fan club party the next day. She asked if I would enter, and I was just like, "uh...sure, okay, yeah." lol Oh yeah, and when Lorrie and Sammy left, she pointed at me from a few feet away and said, "Great song!" :eek: :big_grin: (whoa!)

So come the next day, I'm really nervous and waitin' (I was nervous cause it was SOOO spur of the moment), and LORRIE comes in after we've all had breakfast at The Nashville Palace, and after a couple of songs, it's contest time.

There are 4 people, and I'm #3. Lemme tell ya, it sure was surreal to hear this celebrity actually say my name, "Byron Summers" when she introduced me, lol. :big_grin: I really got into my parody, people were laughin' (thank God), and at the end there was a lot of applause/cheers/whistlin', which just made me almost wanna cry cause these people actually liked it and got my warped sense of humor. On the last note I even did this dramatic pose-thingy I'd seen Lorrie do.

After I bowed, Lorrie came outta the wings laughin' her head off and gave me a big ol' hug, and said, "I loved the ending!" (yay, she got it, lol!), and when the audience judged us, I won 2nd place! :smile: I got a lifetime membership in the fan club, and $25 off Lorrie merchandise! :big_grin: Yay!!

So the rest of the concert was a blast, and afterward, (a BUNCH of Lorrie's local family was there), Lorrie's oldest sister and one of her aunts saw me, and her sister Candy pointed at me with bugged eyes and said, "YOU were wonderful!", and her aunt said, "Yes, you you should've won first place!", and Candy added, "Yeah, you had all of our votes over here," (meanin' Lorrie's family and management staff!!) That was a real pleasant surprise, and I was really taken aback!! They said the 1st place guy didn't really meet the criteria of the contest (his song wasn't really about Lorrie in any way), but I didn't care about winnin' after hearin' 'em tell me what they thought---that was just so sweet of 'em! :smile:

*SIGH*

WOW, I am still ridin' high from all o' this!! Neal, one of the fan club presidents, made me promise him I'd send him a copy of the song, lol...oh yeah, and there was a suprise "Meet 'n' Greet" a while after the party broke up, so I got my 6th picture with Lorrie so far---that continues the streak of gettin' my pic with her every time I've seen her. :smile:

Oh yeah, and for those of you at MuppetFest, she was the woman with me in my picture, lol.

Well, I just had to share this fun, great news with y'all---WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
You know, it's one thing to read this, but it's another to hear Byron tell it without taking a moment to breathe...

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
OK i am so excited i could pee my pants but who the heck is Lorrie Morgan ?

Well done Byron !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

So, to thank them, I asked one of the fan club presidents if I could thank everybody and sing 'em one of my Lorrie parodies (and Lorrie and her husband Sammy Kershaw dropped by to mingle and eat!). He said sure, so I got it, and I sang my parody of Lorrie's signature hit from '91, "Something In Red", called "Something In Bread", about food (one of my favorite things, don'tcha know).

Hhmmm, i once found myself in a Delphi Sammy Kershaw chat room, I dont knwo how i got their - LOL!

Great news Byron!

see ya

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
OK i am so excited i could pee my pants but who the heck is Lorrie Morgan ?

Well done Byron !
Lol! She's a big star on the country music scene, Luke (and born in Nashville). Her dad was famous too back in the "older" days. She also likes to dabble in other styles of music on some of her albums and cuts, and makes any song her own. :smile:

(And man, what a torchy, low voice she has...MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm....)

Thanks for your excitement all the same, lol! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: Byron in concert in Nashville, TN!

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Hhmmm, i once found myself in a Delphi Sammy Kershaw chat room, I dont knwo how i got their - LOL!

LOL! We all stumble into strange places sometimes, Warrick! lol...

Luke

Reaction score
Ok Byron, to show you how much a caring, concerned person i am (and that i have FAR too much spare time on my hands) i went out in search of this songstress on the web and now i know who she is (and how much she likes putting roses on her website), and yeah from what i saw i kinda got the impression of a younger, better looking Dolly Parton style singer with some good tunes.

Let me tell you though, more exciting was the flashy clucking (yes, i said CLUCKING) chicken button, and her restaurant site - www.hotchickens.com. Y'know there you can order breast or thigh quarters in the mail ......

........ of course you can probably order breast or thigh quarters in the mail from Dolly's website too but it has nothing to do with chicken ! ;-)

Anyway, congrats it all sounds like a heapload of fun !