Brunos song

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember seeing a song on Sesame Street, possibly in the late 1980s, in which bruno was actually singing. This song took place in front of the building where the fix-it shop and hoopers store are located.

In this song, Bruno appeared without oscar, but he was still holding a trash can. The can was very shiney, I think sparkling. He also appeared with some grouches, inlcuding grungetta. i can't remember if the grouchkateers were included.

Does anybody know what the name of this song is? Does anybody know what year it is from? Does anybody know the lyrics? Was it included in the Sesame Street video Sing-Along Earth Songs?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Was it included in the Sesame Street video Sing-Along Earth Songs?
No, but I remember the song as well.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmm...sadly, I don't recall this song at all. I wish I did as it sounds as if it would be interesting to see a song (or even a sketch for that matter) that featured Bruno on his own without Oscar.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
No, but I remember the song as well.
Do you remember the title of the song?

Did bruno appear at all in Sing-Along Earth Songs (either in a song or in the linking footage)?

Xerus

Reaction score
I think it was called, "Put it in the Trash Can."

Instead of grouches, the singers were 4 AMs wearing sparkling garbage uniforms. Even Bruno and his can were all covered with sparkles.

Also, the AMs did all the singing while Bruno just stood there going, "Doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh!" And in the end, he kept saying, "Trash can! Trash can! Traaaash caaaaaan!"

ssetta

Reaction score
And don't forget, after the song was over, Gina went up to them and asked them for their autograph. I wonder if it was part of a street plot originally.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Instead of grouches, the singers were 4 AMs wearing sparkling garbage uniforms. Even Bruno and his can were all covered with sparkles.
I thought it had grouches, not garbage men, but I do remember the trash can being sparkly. Do you know who performed the other garbage men?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Did bruno appear at all in Sing-Along Earth Songs (either in a song or in the linking footage)?
No. As for singers, the only one I clearly remember is David Rudman. Kevin Clash was probably also there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen this on youtube, and I noticed that the melody sounds similar to Mountain of Love. Actually, alot of doo-wop songs on Sesame Street sound similar.

It's interesting that in the song, they are introduced as Bruno and the Trashmen, yet Bruno isn't the lead singer.

Muppet Wiki lists it as The Trash Can. I think the "Put it in..." part is only sung once.