Broadway is Cool Again!!!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I love musicals as well! You can thank the Muppets partially for that also I got into them by high school in Chorus class

My favorites are:
A Chorus Line
West Side Story
Come From Away
Seussical
Avenue Q
Once

I’m liking Into the Woods, I was listening to the broadway cast album over Apple Music last night

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love Broadway, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's ever been "cool."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but Cats kinda sucks
Agree. And i'm actually starting to see more and more broadway geeks that feel the same way. It is rather lacking in story, imo.
My favorites are:
A Chorus Line
West Side Story
Come From Away
Seussical
Avenue Q
Once
I actually just found out about Seussical last month, and the songs are really catchy. Still haven't listened to/seen Come From Away yet, but i've heard good things.
Oh!

This summer I'm going to see the Alladin musical in Boston.
That's awesome! I really wanna see that as well. The original genie in the broadway version is now playing Thomas Jefferson and Lafayette in Hamilton. It's interesting how often long running shows change casts, and it's even more interesting that basically every actor alternatives shows. So, if your friend is in Spring Awakening and you're in Wicked, in a year you could have switched shows and be in each other's plays.
Heathers had some good songs.
I really like Heathers, it has an edge that many shows lack.
I love Broadway, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's ever been "cool."
Fair enough. Though, I do think it was romanticized a little bit more back in it's earlier years due to movie musicals based on plays/movies about broadway. Still, probably in the late 60s-70s it seems like people started caring less and musicals became more of a cult thing.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
#Makebroadwaycoolagain
I’m liking Into the Woods, I was listening to the broadway cast album over Apple Music last night
INTO THE WOODS to lift the spell! Into the woods to visit Mother! Into the woods to sell the cow! To get the money! To go to the Festival! Into the woods to grandmother's house!

To see
To sell
To get
To bring
To make
To lift
To go to the Festival!
Into the woods!
Into the woods!
Into the woods
Then out of the woods
And home before it's dark!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I really like Heathers, it has an edge that many shows lack.
It's decent but not nearly in the same league as the original film (probably in my Top 20 of movies overall).

"Meant To Be Yours" is probably one of my favorite songs ever, though.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Some of my family members also like Hamilton and have seen the show as well, including one of my aunts, uncles, and my cousins.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some of my family members also like Hamilton and have seen the show as well, including one of my aunts, uncles, and my cousins.
I got to see Hamilton last year in Chicago! It was fantastic. The guy playing the lead role was pretty bland though, oddly enough.