1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bringing Back the Bells...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Convincing John, Oct 16, 2009.

1. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Hey guys! Anyone know if we're ringing the bells this year? It's coming up.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You know, I had heard about this ringing of bells in years past before I was an MC member (but rather a Muppet internet lurker), and I was just thinking about this recently. I personally would love to do this, and I'm sure others will want to also.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Of course we're doing it again!

I'm in.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Mee Mee! :eek:

(Translation: Count me in!)
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

What is this exactly? Sorry for my confusion. I'd love to join in.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh nooooooo! I don't have a bell! Doozersticks!

So far, I read the WHOLE thread and I am supposed to join in the celebration on December 21st at 9:00p.m. I start the episode at 8:33 or 8:34p.m. and I don't ring them until after all of the fraggles ring their bells. Got it!

Thank you, everybody! I love having support and the caring for this holiday season at MC.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You know, now that Casey mentions it, wouldn't it be interesting if while each one of us were ringing our bells, we would record an audio of it, and then we could compile each audio into one big bell ringing track after the event? Not sure if it would work, but just something to c0nsider.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Hmm. The Solstice is at 6:12 in the morning where I live. I'll be waiting for a bus. I hope the Fraggles can keep from freezing until I get home that evening.
  11. CaseytheMuppet

I could compile them together. I have a great video editing software and YouTube account. In fact, if people like your idea enough, we could start another thread for it! :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

13. CaseytheMuppet

I'll start a new thread for it.
  14. mostlikemokey

I don't know how to record audio. You can just pretend I'm ringing in a vacuum.:)
    By the way, what time would 9:00 there be in the Eastern time zone? I don't want the rock to freeze on account of me.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that that 9:00 you're talking about is in central time, and if so, that would land things at 10:00 Eastern.
  16. mostlikemokey

Oh yeah. Gonna have to be quiet. Other people in my house have things to do that night. Like, say, sleep.
  17. CaseytheMuppet

I've started a new thread here, concerning the video. :)
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Hmm, Casey's video aside, I doubt I may take part with everyone else at the same time. If it's at 9:00pm Central Time, that would be 3:00am in Greenwich Meridian time. So I might ring my bell at 9:00pm at my own time. IDK. :/
  19. mostlikemokey

Go ahead! Participating when constrained by your time zone is better than not at all! I have younger sibs. so I may not be able to ring that late. I'll have to ask
  20. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Even if you don't have a bell...just get something that jingles. Keys, loose change, anything!!!