Books you want to see turned into movies/tv shows

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Book adaptions. We've got a million movies and TV shows based on books, book series, comic books. But most of them seem to be all about the exact same stories over and over again. But, what is a book/book series or comic book series that hasn't been adapted that you really want to see get the movie of TV treatment?

I'm currently reading "Tom Sawyer" for school, and i'm really enjoying it. It's clever and funny with very strong characters and political and social satire that was very much ahead of it's time and some of it is still relevant to this day. Tom is a very relatable character, and the whole book often feels like your reading a true story. Now, of course, the book has been adapted to death, but the movies have never been nearly as good as the book. I think the screenwriters or producers always tend to overestimate the fact that it's a children's book and forget that there's a lot of interesting adult themes in it too. So, yeah, i'd like some movie or mini series that truly captures the spirit of the original.

Another one they got absolutely wrong when they turned it into a movie was "Percy Jackson". Those movies just did not do the books justice. They completely sucked the humor out, they made the characters too old, they couldn't even get one of the main characters hair color right. The whole thing was just painful to watch.

And another book series I read when I was younger, "Sammy Keyes". A lot of people haven't heard of it, but it's a mystery series for kids and teens that's actually much better than a lot of adult mystery books i've read. Once again, Sammy, the title character is a very strong and relatable character, and the mysteries in the books are just make it extremely fun to follow, and they have great plot twists - they rarely go in the direction you expect, but there usually quite clever.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Witches totally deserves a do-over. Now don't get me wrong, I still really like the movie. It had a great cast (namely Anjelica Huston as the Grand High Witch) and some spectacularly frightening puppet effects (I believe the Creature Shop was behind them), but that sudden happy ending totally clashed with the whole tone as opposed to the bittersweet one in the book. I heard that Guillermo del Toro was trying to re-adapt it for many years, and it's a shame there's been no word on it since.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
this book called young land lords, by Walter dean Myers. it's about these three boys, who find this abandoned apartment building, and fix it up, and start renting it out to people. another book that i would like to see become an movie is this book called striped ice cream by Joan m lexau, it's a about a single mom,and her kids, it centers around one of the kids Becky, who's birthday is around the corner, it takes place in the 60's. and finally a book that is a real thriller, warning this is not for the faint at heart, this book is called mine by Robert r mccammon.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I . . . thought we just recently did a thread like this? :confused:

Collgoff

Reaction score
I want the book series Sisters of the sword to become a movie.