Boober's Poobah Adventure

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I just finished watching the last season of Fraggle Rock and after crying during the end credits of "Change Of Address," I decided to write a little story about what would happen if Boober was invited to join the Poohbahs. This is my first story (well, first Fraggle Rock story...and the first time I'm writing in story prose....) so please, please, PLEASE give nice critique and reviews! Thank you! Here goes!

Dance your cares away...worries for another day...let the music play...down in Firefly Cavern! Don't look at me like that; I know it's wrong, but for this story, it's correct. The Secret (and very silly) Society of the Poohbahs had just finished another meeting (with "Fritz" absent AGAIN...) and the Beggler-beg was giving his final words for the night.

"The next meeting, we will be inviting a another Fraggle to join the Poohbahs-" They all jumped once he said the name. "Who is it, Vanguard?" But, the Vanguard was too busy balancing a pickle on his nose and the other Poohbahs started to laugh. "Vanguard!" This made him lose his balance and drop the pickle.

"Wha-? Wha-? Guilty! You're free to go! Or is that innocent...you go face the Glumberglut...?" The Vanguard (Convincing John) said as he tried to regain his composure. The Beggler-beg just face-palmed and asked him again. "What is the name of the next member?" "Oh! His name is...Baaber Fraggle." The Poohbahs muttered the name to themselves, until Mokey (the newest member) stepped forward. "I think you mean Boober Fraggle, Mr. Vanguard." The Vanguard looked confused. "I thought today was Switch O's for A's Day." "That's for the next meeting, Vanguard! Next meeting!" The Beggler-beg looked fit to be tied and decided it was time for the meeting to end. "Okay, fellow Poohbahs. Before we leave today, let's have a word from the Mind-Reader about Boober's chances of entering this sacred group."

The mind reader (Red Fraggle) walked up to the front of the group. "I knew you were going to say that!" "How does she do that? It's like magic or something..." The Vanguard muttered. "This Baa- Ugh...Boober Fraggle will be very difficult to persuade...Yes...But, in the end, he will be a-" Her staff blew a raspberry. "- worthy Poobah!" The Poohbahs cheered. "So, what will happen now, O magical Mind Reader?" The Mind Reader banger her staff against the ground. "The meeting will end, Fritz will be absent for the next meeting, and Red Fraggle will have a swim before dinnertime!" Mokey silently laughed. You're not supposed to tell them what you're going to do...

And that's what happened. The Poohbahs left to go home, eat Doozer towers and the like, while Red took off her costume and, you guessed it, went straight to the Great Hall to have a swim. "Last one in is a Poison Cackler!! Whoo-hoo-hoo!" SPLASH! And bad timing for Boober; he was carrying a basket of laundry to hang and they got soaked.

"Thanks a lot, Red! Now I have to do these over again! Not that I have a problem with that, but..." Red resurfaced and looked at Boober. "Oh, I'm sorry! I was just having a little swim!" "More like a big tidal wave!"
"Boober, I said I was sorry...Why are you so serious about laundry, anyway?"
"Laundry is everything...It's my way of life and it soothes the soul...Watching the soapy bubbles rise from the tub and pop in the air...It's kind of like your troubles popping away..."
Mokey was sitting by the Fraggle Pond, writing something in her notebook. She looked at Boober with admiration. "That was beautiful. Can I use that in my next poem? Please?"
Boober smiled and walked to her with his basket of soaked socks and shirts. "I knew laundry would be appreciated someday! Ha-ha! Okay, that's... 'Laundry is everything...It's my way-'" Boober repeated as Mokey wrote it down with a big grin on her face.

Red just sat in the pond and thought to herself while shaking her head. Looks like I was right...It's gonna take a miracle to get him to be a Poohbah...

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
This is a good one. Glad to see another Fraggle Rock story on the forum! You have their personalities down well. I'm looking forward to more!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
This is very good. Definitely a great idea for an episode- it would have been hilarious to see Boober join the poobahs! You definitely have a knack for writing for Fraggledom and I'm curious to see what happens next.

Keep up to the good work!

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! The Poobah episode was so funny and I just had to write this one! You'll see another chapter soon! I can't wait to show you all. :smile: Who knows? Maybe someone might show up soon... *cough*Sidebottom*cough*

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I am so so so so SO HAPPY about The Muppets winning an Oscar that I'm going to update RIGHT NOW! Are you as excited as I am?? Now, for their next movie, I'm thinking a Muppets/Harry Potter crossover... Oh..this isn't a Muppets story...But, I'm still allowed to be excited!

After Boober was finished with his laundry and telling his poem inspired speech to Mokey, he went back to his cave for some peace and quiet. Bad idea. Is there ever peace and quiet in Fraggle Rock?

"Hidey! Hidey!" Red was running into his cave; she was playing Hidey Ho with her friends and thought one of them was hiding in Boober's cave. "Hmm. Maybe they didn't hear me. HIDEY!" Boober fell out of his comfy, quiet rest and glared at Red. "Red! What are you DOING?!"
"Just playing Hidey Ho," Red shrugged. "But, you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? It's too fun for you..."
"It is not! I'm just not in the mood for frolicking around the rock! I'd much rather stay here-"
"And :sing: sleep the day away! Worrying's your type of play! Laundry loves to stay, down at Boober Rock!" :sing: Red sang as she danced around his room. Boober just rolled his eyes. "Red, you already did something like that!"
"I know, I just felt like making an updated version! But, it's true! You need to have some fun once in a while! And I know just how to do it-"
"Red. Not now. I need to rest. Can you please, please, please take your loud fun elsewhere?"
Red sighed and left his room muttering about the laundry bubbles getting to his head. Boober, once again, tried to get some sleep, when something else disrupted him. A letter was floating down from the sky and landed on his nose. "W-Wha-? What now?! Can't a Fraggle get some rest around here?" He picked up the letter and started reading it.

"To Boober Fraggle:
You have been invited to join the High Holy Order of the Poohbahs. Meet in Firefly Cavern for your initiation. Everything you need will be sent to you. Uh...what else do I say? Why am I writing this in the letter? Grovel, grovel, grovel...grovel...grovel, grovel.
From, Fritz
P.S. - do not tell anyone about this invitation or you will be DOOMED!

Boober looked proud, even though he forgot about the fine print, and smiled. "The Poohbahs? Sounds like a very important group. And I've been chosen? It's about time my work was appreciated. I wonder if there will be a banquet in my honor. And a big...shiny trophy..." He slowly started to fall asleep. "A member...of the Poohbahs...zzzzzzzzz...."

In his dream, he found himself at Firefly Cavern, sitting with a bunch of Poohbahs members (except for Fritz who was absent, yet again...) at a big table with lots of food. It looked like a very sophisticated party and Boober couldn't be happier. The Beggler-beg stood up at the head of the table with a cup of radish juice in his hand. "I would like to propose a toast to Mr. Boober Fraggle. Without him, our laundry would be filthy, our food un-healthy and our fun out of control. He will be a very worthy member of this group and we're very fortunate to have him." The other Poohbahs clinked their glasses and applauded for Boober who looked like he was enjoying this, until he heard crazy laughter coming from one of the Poohbahs... Boober recognized that sound. Oh, no... Not here, PLEASE , not here... Not in the best dream I've ever had... And that same Poohbah jumped out of his seat, onto the table and smiled at Boober. "Hey, Boober, old pal, old buddy, old pal, old buddy!!!" Sidebottom was back.

Just then, the whole scene froze; none of the Fraggles moved except for Boober, who wanted to wake up now, and Sidebottom, who was having the time of his life. "Sidebottom, why? Why must you ruin every dream with sillyness?"
"Aw, Boober, old pal! It's been a while since we've talked! Are you ready to have some FUN??" Sidebottom started dancing around, to Boober's dismay. "No! Not this time! I've been selected to be part of a very important group and I don't need you taking over and ruining it for me!"
"And what is this group called, Boober?" Sidebottom asked, while making funny faces at the Poohbahs, knowing they couldn't say anything about it.
"They're called the Poohbahs, Sidebottom." Boober said, folding his arms. Sidebottom just looked at him, and then started to laugh. "Hahahahahahaha!!! The-the-the Poohbahs?! You've gotta be kidding!" He doubled over with laughter on the table. "It's so SILLY!! I don't believe it! Hahahaha!!!"
"It is NOT silly! This is important to me! They gave me an invitation and everything! I just hope I'm ready...What if I get nervous and run away?" He paused for a minute. "Sidebottom? Are you even listening to me?"
Sidebottom was busy drawing on the Beggler-Beg's face and laughing at his work.
"SideBOTTOM!"
"H-Huh? Oh, Boober! That drone in your voice makes it hard for me to focus! But, look at this! He looks like a Gorg! Hahahaha!!" He doubled over in laughter again.

Boober was furious, but just then, the invitation appeared in his hand. Proof! "Here, Sidebottom! This is proof! They DID invite me!" Sidebottom glanced at the note, ripped it up, threw it into the air and it turned into colored confetti. "Who cares about some silly invitation? The Poohbahs are silly enough!"
"And how do you know?"
"I know, the whole rock knows, and the Poohbahs know. The only person that doesn't know is you, Mr. Grumpy Pants! Now, why don't you just tell them that they're silly?"
"Because they're NOT! Don't you understand? This is important! The Poohbahs are important!"
"You wanna see how silly they are?" Sidebottom snapped his fingers and the party got a lot more exciting and fun. The Poohbahs got together and started a Conga Line and guess who was leading it? Yep. Sidebottom. "Come on, Boober! Join the fun!"
Boober just glared at him. "No! I wanna wake up! I refuse to stay in this- WHOA!" Poor Boober got pulled into the conga line by Sidebottom and was dancing with the others.

In real life, you could see Boober's body swaying to the conga beat. Too bad Wembley, Gobo, Red and Mokey saw this, too."What is he doing?" asked Gobo. "Beats me. But, this is another reason why he's so weird..." Red replied, looking a little scared of this.
"It looks like he's having a party in his dream! Or maybe a nightmare...but if it was a nightmare, he'd be screaming, and he's not screaming now, but maybe he's just-"
"WEMBLEY!" the other Fraggles shouted.
"Uh, maybe he's having an artistic inspiration in his dreams. And it's making him dance in excitement!" Mokey exclaimed.
The other Fraggles just stared at her. What were they going to ask Boober when he woke up?

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Wow... my story got pushed back! NEVER AGAIN! I'm working on the next part, and I would love to know what you guys think about my story so far!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Don't worry about not having a lot of reviewers yet- Your story is fantastic, and to me, I think there are only a few reasons why it isn't getting the veiwership it deserves.

1. It takes a while to become well-known as a fanfiction writer on a forum like this. There are a lot of talented people on this forum, and for those of us new at posting stories, myself included, have to do a lot to prove we can write as well as the more established writers and gain readership.
  2. Fraggle Rock is a lesser-known fandom, even here. It's an amazing show, but it's not as well-known as the Muppets, and people may not feel as well-equipped to review a story about Red as about Fozzie, because they don't know as much about FR as they do about the Muppets.
  3. A lot of the people who have reviewed FR stories in the past are not reviewing as much or are not on the site as much. If you look at the FR fics in the fanfiction index, you'll see that a lot of them are not as active on the site as they used to be.
None of this says anything bad about your story- like I said, it's amazing! So keep plugging away! Keep writing! You have real talent, and I can't wait to see what happens next!