Boglins

jediX

Reaction score
Who all remembers Boglins, the rubbery puppets from the 80's?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
jediX said:
Who all remembers Boglins, the rubbery puppets from the 80's?
I vaguely remember them as toys--I think. Not really sure if there was a TV show or anything else. They were sort of monsters or trolls that almost looked like Shrek. Is that right? Or am I thinking of something else?

jediX

Reaction score
Hm, I don't know if they were trolls or not. I always just assumed they were their own thing. But yea, they were toys (Douglas Fir [http://forum.muppetcentral.com/member.php?u=1009] currently has a pic of one of the Boglins as his avatar). This is one of the two Boglins I have, the other one is small and pinkish. But yea, the Boglins were the first puppets, other than the basic Sesame ones, that I ever had -- and in a way they got me started in it.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The Boglins were great! It's harder and harder to find ones whose foam isn't starting to break down. I still have one of the mini ones, the larger ones were all gutted years ago for their cool moving eyeballs.

Also, I believe Boglins were supposed to be their own species, not trolls.

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, I just found a really good site detailing them. I'd assume the name is derived from goblin.

Luke

Reaction score
I've got a big one in the attic somewhere in good condition still. I remember they came in boxes that looked like kinda crates/cages. Very cool for what they were. What is the site for them ? They oughta bring them back.

jediX

Reaction score
Here's that site:
http://roswell.fortunecity.com/vortex/377/boglin.htm
The ones I have are Dwork and Squeel. I checked out a few of the others on ebay last night that weren't pictured (particularly the lobster) and they were awesome.

They've brought back the Turtles, Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Brite, so why not bring back these guys? :big_grin: