Bob's Deaf Niece

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Me too! I loved Linda and I really wish that she was still a principal character!
She was so wonderful and a beautiful lady. When was her last episode? Was it during the hurricane series? I think that is the most recent thing I have seen her do on the show. Hopefully when the new documentary special is made they will refer to her character a lot. Would be awesome to see her interviewed some and know her thoughts and experience on the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Linda has still been seen in inserts which were probably from previous seasons. Someone mentioned seeing her in a season 34 episode when she did the sign for 'hot.' She also appeared in 'Bob's Deaf Neice' only not in the street story, but in a sketch where she and another lady were conducting an orchestra. I'm assuming both of these were from years ago.
Anyway, I think judging from the opening of a recent ep where she told Telly she wanted a banana, Samara might be on more frequently. I still wish they'd bring Linda back though. She and Samara could interact quite a bit. It is unusual that no one even mentioned her.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
WHATEVER DUDE I'M 27 I DON'T WATCH SS THAT MUCH
well I have a three year old daughter so I'm required to watch it by law:smile:

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
I think if Linda is gone, basically, then she would be a great addition to the cast. Does anyone know what if anything has happened to Linda?

BEAR

Reaction score
MuppetfraggleEX said:
I think if Linda is gone, basically, then she would be a great addition to the cast. Does anyone know what if anything has happened to Linda?

That is something I'd like to ask Sesame Workshop about. She is the only long time human cast member who isn't there anymore. WHo just disappeared.

Censored

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I just gave her age and a possible way for her to have appeared on the show earlier when younger, since the Muppets don't age she is obviously human.

I'm sure she was human, but come to think of it, it might be interesting to have human adults with muppet children or young relatives. The adult humans have acted as "surrogate" parents to the muppets for years, why couldn't they be real parents to some of them?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Thought it strange that noone even mentioned Linda by name in Episode 4106 with Samara as part of the focus for the episode's story.
Would love it if they brought her back, then maybe they could finally create some closure and present a family dynamic by having Bob and Linda together again, interacting with Samara.
Although, the reason I'd like to see Linda return is cause to me, personally, she's one of my main personal heroes.

The last episode I know she was in was a Season 30 episode where Snuffy wanted to give Linda a birthday dinner for her and Bob.

Bryan, it would be difficult to get an interview out of Linda Bove. Reason I say this is because she was not only deaf, but deaf-mute. At least, from what I remember of the later progression of the character...
There was a segment where she was trying to sound out some words with Bob on the stoop, and Oscar helped out by overhearing them and trying to get Linda to sound out some grouchy words like "phooey".
In another later season, there was someone else providing an inner thinking voice for her, don't know when nor how long this lasted.
Hope this helps though.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Thought it strange that noone even mentioned Linda by name in Episode 4106 with Samara as part of the focus for the episode's story.
Would love it if they brought her back, then maybe they could finally create some closure and present a family dynamic by having Bob and Linda together again, interacting with Samara.
Although, the reason I'd like to see Linda return is cause to me, personally, she's one of my main personal heroes.

The last episode I know she was in was a Season 30 episode where Snuffy wanted to give Linda a birthday dinner for her and Bob.

Bryan, it would be difficult to get an interview out of Linda Bove. Reason I say this is because she was not only deaf, but deaf-mute. At least, from what I remember of the later progression of the character...
There was a segment where she was trying to sound out some words with Bob on the stoop, and Oscar helped out by overhearing them and trying to get Linda to sound out some grouchy words like "phooey".
In another later season, there was someone else providing an inner thinking voice for her, don't know when nor how long this lasted.
Hope this helps though.
I know she can't speak but she can sign to the camera/interviewer with a translator. That's what I meant.

When did they do the inner monologue thing and why? That would be really interesting. I wonder what she sounded like.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
When did they do the inner monologue thing and why? That would be really interesting. I wonder what she sounded like.
One time was at Luis and Maria's wedding.