Board Jettisons Michael Eisner

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
As of now, the news on the wire is that Disney shareholders have withheld their votes in such a manner as to cause a resulting echo across the board, telling (fmr) Chairman Michael Eisner to step down. Eisner still retains his position as Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company, but is, as of current, excised from his position as Chairman of the Disney board of directors. Your thoughts?

>Adam

Beebers

Reaction score
And there will be more to come as time goes by. Everything is temporary.

:cool:

Luke

Reaction score
It just means he has to answer to the chairman of the board rather than being it now. I don't think it makes a massive difference.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
One could hope that it means Disney has a chance to go back to the way it was when before Walt got frozen, but that's probably a pipe dream, at most...

dmx10101

Reaction score
43% of the shareholders voted against Eisner, that was a big win for SaveDisney.com

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Doesn't this just return the company to the structure it had before Frank Wells died?

Has anyone else seen the cartoon they've got on the frontpage of Savedisney.com right now? It's pretty funny.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I still think the death of Frank Wells was a conspiracy piloted by Eisner to get control of the company.

After the Ovitz deal, I would have thought Eisner a gone puppy YEARS ago!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I read about this, but I have almost no idea what it means in practical terms for the company.

:confused: