Blues Brothers

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'm watching The Blues Brothers (my favorite Non Muppet Movie), and I realized that during the car chase through the mall, a man is holding up a Grover plush toy (you can see an Animal behind him) and he asks "Do you have a Miss Piggy), just before Jake and Elwood crash the car through the store.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Leave it to director John Landis (friend to both Frank Oz and Jim Henson and longtime aspiring Muppeteer) to put Muppet references in his most famous film! It's kind of like how Kevin Smith puts Star Wars references in all his films, and eventually got to put Mark Hamill in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Nothing's cooler than re-connecting with those who inspire you.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Also, Frank Oz was the police officer who freed Jake in that film, but you probably knew that. I love that movie. :wink:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
Also, Frank Oz was the police officer who freed Jake in that film, but you probably knew that. I love that movie. :wink:
In the second Blues Brothers movie, Frank Oz was the one to tell Elwood that Jake died.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
And in John Landis' movie "An American Werewolf in London," Frank plays a spokesman for the American Embassy. Also, in the dream sequence where the main character's family are about to be attacked by werewolves, the kids are watching The Muppet Show.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Also, in the dream sequence where the main character's family are about to be attacked by werewolves, the kids are watching The Muppet Show.
How sweet. :stick_out_tongue:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I just saw this movie for the first time like 2 days ago and I absolutely LOVED it!:flirt: It is such a funny movie. I knew about Frank Oz's role before seeing it but the Muppet reference came as a total and very welcome surprise. Ahh the days when everybody knew who the Muppets were.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I just saw this movie for the first time like 2 days ago and I absolutely LOVED it!:flirt: It is such a funny movie. I knew about Frank Oz's role before seeing it but the Muppet reference came as a total and very welcome surprise. Ahh the days when everybody knew who the Muppets were.
did you mean The Blues Brothers or An American Werewolf in London?

travellingpat

Reaction score
His Cameos in both movies rock!! Also in Spies Like Us, great parts, parfect for him!!!!

golden teeth

Reaction score
He was also a mean cop that planted PCP in Dan Aykroyd's bag in Trading Places (John Landis) and was a citizen that Dan AYkroyd and Chevy Chase ran into in Spies Like Us (John Landis) and was in Innocent Blood (John Landis) and as said earlier was in Blues Bros. as the guy giving his stuff back, in American Werewolf in london as Mr. Collins (I think that was his name) who was the guy who contacted his parents and was in Blues Bros. 2000.