Bittersweet Christmas

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
The mistletoe was hung, a pair of warm eggnogs ready for the drinking, and scarlet candles lit. The emerald pine tree stood erect, displaying its gorgeous ornaments and sparkling lights. Underneath the branches were boxes of multi-colored presents; each of every shape and size. Romantic crooning played softly in the background, consisting of all-time Christmas classics. The delicate scent of gingerbread stalked the living room, belonging to a familiar face.

The phone rang deafeningly in contrast to the gentle music. A passing figure lowered the volume and took the phone silently into satin-gloved hands. “Hello?” a gentle voice asked. Something sweet in her voice, something so mysterious, a hidden surprise in store—one her love could not take. “I’m sorry, honey.” the apology from her dearly loved frog had caused an unexpected reaction. “You promised you’d come, Kermie.” The porcine said drearily. A rueful justification did she receive, “Piggy, I’m busy with work—hope you understand.”.

The pig looked to her eggnog and to his. “Frog.” She said with a pressing tone in her voice. “I have to go, Piggy.” Kermit said, not unkindly. Piggy sighed, “Whatever.” She said, leaving no loving goodbyes to soother her lover’s guilt. Her sapphire eyes were locked to where Kermit would have been—right next to her side. The empty space left her not a token of comfort. The cookies in her decorative plate lost their appeal, and the room lost that winter night warmth. The night had gone to waste.

She rose from the sofa in silence. The gloom increased with each passing second. “I don’t care.” She said defiantly. Her sighs were continuous. “I might as well hit the sack.” Piggy muttered grumpily. She took her cup carefully into her hands. It soothed her boiling anger. A vexing ring rang from the door. The ringing gave her a sense of hope “That frog!” She cried blending anger and hope all too freely. Her eyes glowed with optimism “Coming, Kermie!” She called, rushing out of the room.

~---~

Her excitement caused quite a contagion in her surroundings. Her home seemed to recover that warmth and joy that she intended to give. With one swift motion, did she open the door. “Kermie!” She cried, wrapping her thick arms around the figure. She attacked him with loving kisses and cuddles. To her shock, it wasn’t her frog. “Miss Piggy!” yelped the blue wonder. She turned away from him stiffly. Sounds of spitting could be heard.

“Pfft! Yeckka!”

A frown crossed his lips. “You aren’t exactly Camilla, Miss Piggy.” Gonzo said in his defense. The porcine looked to him angrily. “I didn’t think it was you.” She said steely. She pushed him out and closed the door without a minute wasted. She turned around, only to face him again. “What?” She screeched. “Get out of my house you perv!” She accused. Gonzo laughed lightly. “I’m an alien—perv and alien are two different things.” He stated happily.

Piggy looked to him grudgingly. “Well, I’ve got no one else to spend the time with,” She said, “Come in, buzzard beak.” She said, granting him the white flag (not literally). Gonzo’s expressive eyes grew wide with excitement. “Wanna do something?” He asked inspecting the decorations in the house swiftly. Her resentment gradually decreased. “Maybe get you out of my life?” She suggested playfully. “Awh come on, that’s so not cool!” He said cheerily.

He waltzed into the living room to get a better look at what was on the glass table. “Oh, wow, you baked those yourself?” he asked, eyeing the cookies. She nodded slowly. “They were for Kermie.” She explained. He gasped lightly “Oh. He couldn’t make it?” The blue muppet inquired. Piggy nodded quietly. “Too busy with work—doesn’t have enough time for me.” She muttered childishly. Gonzo’s face lit up as a clever idea came his way. “Hey, how ‘bout we go out for a walk? It’ll be fun! We can make this night the best!” He exclaimed eagerly.

“Just let me get dressed.”

Her voice hinted annoyance, but he wasn’t the least bit discouraged.

~---~

Piggy glided down the stars elegantly. “Ok, let’s do this.” She said, taking Gonzo randomly by the arm and pulling him straight out the door. Optimism began to show its face. She was determined to make his company worthwhile, not a burden. Her friend cackled wildly as he was dragged along.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Last bit

The pair went everywhere. Laughter and giggles were merry, and the night was lively. The decorations hung high in the malls, shops, and houses. The ground was covered in thick blankets of shimmering snow. Not far, there was a broad ice rink with their names on it.

“Show me what yah got, hook nose.” Piggy challenged. Gonzo smirked uncontrollably. “Bring it on!” He cried. The two charged over to rent their ice skates. After they got their skates, they timidly entered the ice rink. “Hey, hold my hand.” Requested the blue muppet gently. Piggy did as told. “Yeah, I don’t want to be the one to collapse.” Piggy said roughly. “Don’t worry, I’ll break your fall if you do.” He assured. The two took their time, until they were sure that they could let go.

“I miss your singing.” Gonzo said pleasantly, circling her as he spoke. She blinked, “You do? Or was there a joke in there I didn’t get.” She said somewhat skeptically. He shook his head. “I’m serious!” He cried. She skated in the opposite direction. “Sorry, I just get tired of the jokes I get.” She said, referring to the infamous overweight wise-cracks and to the singing jokes. He sighed. “I know…it’s for the media.”

Piggy looked away. “Do vous think Kermit enjoys being away from moi?” She asked. Gonzo shook his head. “Doubt it.” He said. “He must be thinking….” He started. Piggy looked to him.

“What?” she asked.

“He must be thinking to himself…”

He smiled. “I know what he’s thinking now…” He said, taking her hands into his.

I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own

She listened intently.

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true...
All I want for Christmas is
You...

He guided her around the rink almost expertly.
She joined in.

I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need
Don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you...
You, baby

Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas

I won't even wish for snow
(and I) I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby
All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing (oh yea)
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need -
won't you please bring my Piggy to me...

Piggy sniffled “Thank you, Gonzo.”

“No problem, Piggy.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Glomps Squeeky. Thank you, now go get your cookies, they're cooled and ready.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh Claudia, that was beautiful! So sweet and lovely!
But oh that Gonzo, taking advantage of a bad situation like that!
:smile:
:concern:
:mad: (That's Gonzo coming between Kermie and Piggy, lol)
I also loved the fact that both of them sang! Yes, I think this shall go along with some others on the anual Christmas reading list!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Thank you SOOO much Fraggie! XD Yes, I name you Fraggie---your new nickname. :3
*GLOMP*

thank you, thank you, thannnkkk yooooouu! :big_grin: