Bill Murray voicing Garfield

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Just like Rocky and Bullwinkle, never saw it but it was more about the kid than them??
Yeah. I know Forgboy really didn't like the movie, but, that was the only thing I didn't like about it. The whole movie as a whole could have been better, but, this was the only major problem in my opinion. It was sad in that way. There were only a few parts where she was funny, and, she wasn't even funny in those parts. She made other people funny. If they had cut her out, teh movie would have been pretty good. Not what I would expect from the high-standards (or, actually low-standrads) of the cartoon, but, it'd be decent.

I just love Bullwinkle! He's funny!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Forgboy
sorry to muffin the thread, but I saw this and cracked up.....don't really know why..........

Sarah

hehe:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that Emmy and Jackie have created the "muffin" craze at MC, and it has now become a term of "going off topic." I guess we need to create a MC Dictionary. That could be fun!!

:embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, the reason we say "muffin the thread", is cuz normally when going off topic, it's because we start talking about muffins. It makes sense to me! :smile:

Foz, I like your avatar. It's cute!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Well, Bill Murray played Pete Venkman in Ghostbusters, and Lorenzo Music voiced Pete in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon as well as Garfield (at least for a while).
Ohhhh! I used to be a HUGE fan of the Ghost busters cartoon and of course I saw the movies a million times. So i guess that's how Garfield sounded so much like Bill Murray to me! I get it now. Kev, you are the best!! :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I thought muffin was the regular term for going off topis on a message board.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
on the subject of the scooby doo movie, that was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. to think warner brothers was dumb to have this movie greenlighted back in 2001. i saw this movie after my brother, cousin, and my brothers girlfriend said it was good. like an idiot, i believed them, and wasted my money. but warner brothers was only thinking one thing " will this movie make big bucks?" it did, and now there is going to be a sequel by next year......

i actually watched a biography of people who produce movies and how they i have to read lots of scripts a day and said like 1 out of 30 scripts looks interesting to them......so i they were not thinking that day when they said yes to making scooby doo......

ryan

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I agree that when doing these movie's they shouldn't go ALL new, and keep things the same, they why people love them! don't go changing things they never work! Look at Muppets Tonight!

I like the Flintstones movie,
Dennis the mennis movie was amazing,
Space Jam.....voice's were very bad, where's Jim Cummings for Taz and Joe Alasky for Sylvester and Daffy?!
Super Mario Brothers, oh gosh, they ruined everything, Bob Hoskins was a good mario thought.
Rocky and Bulwinkle i thought was very funny, but that teen girl REALLY needed the boot....Jonhathen Winters cameo was funny!

Scooby Doo, the Srappy thing was just bad and i think they stero typed the characters TOO much! Velma is not that boring nerdy type, she is happy and perky too ya know. they made Dafney a brat and Fred a mahco man, Shaggy and scoob were good but the fart jokes and drug hints really brought the movie down for me, Even thought Scooby is a big 70's things i think there are too many drug jokes in movies and TV today in which young kids watch, even if they don't get it, it just doesn't seem right and I think it should really stop, i think it's just creating a bigger problem. although there are a few things in the Muppets, mainly with the EM and never Kermit/Piggy/Fozzie, one comes to mind in the Muppets at Walt Disney World.

I don't think the live animals lips should move at all, only when Odie barks or if garfied is eatting;-) Odie doen't talk anyways. I really like what was done with homeward bound, it's easer and it keeps things natural.

heck they could forget the whole CGI and go for a Roger Rabbit like cartoon in the real world "Garfeild cat", or would that just be wrong?lol! I wonder if there will be any USA acers jokes or characters in the flim or things such as Binky the clown or Garfeild's toy bear Pookie?

and just for the halibet, is nermal male or a female? In the cartoon she had a girl voice, and she's very girly like long eyelashes and all, but in a Garfeild short book i got like back in 1996 it was about the garfeild gang being super heros in space and it always refeard to Nermal as a "He" it was making me sick! I wanted to add S's to all the "he"s and make them "She"s LOL!!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, so whens that Pac Man movie coming out again?...oh alright i'll stop now.... Dog

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
and just for the halibet, is nermal male or a female? In the cartoon she had a girl voice, and she's very girly like long eyelashes and all, but in a Garfeild short book i got like back in 1996 it was about the garfeild gang being super heros in space and it always refeard to Nermal as a "He" it was making me sick! I wanted to add S's to all the "he"s and make them "She"s LOL!!!!
Good question. I mean they called nermal a "he," but I'm just not that convinced. It's almost like when I recently heard Treelo was a "he." I didn't take it too well. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Space Jam.....voice's were very bad, where's Jim Cummings for Taz and Joe Alasky for Sylvester and Daffy?
I couldn't agree more.

Rocky and Bulwinkle i thought was very funny, but that teen girl REALLY needed the boot....Jonhathen Winters cameo was funny!
Instead of having characters that weren't in Rocky and Bullwinkle, they should have put in more of the Fractured Fairy Tales gang like Mr Peabody & Sherman and maybe a Dudley Dooright mention. I know he's got his own movie, but there could have been a way around that.

Scooby Doo, the Srappy thing was just bad and i think they stero typed the characters TOO much! Shaggy and scoob were good but the fart jokes and drug hints really brought the movie down for me, Even though Scooby is a big 70's things i think there are too many drug jokes in movies and TV today in which young kids watch, even if they don't get it, it just doesn't seem right and I think it should really stop, i think it's just creating a bigger problem.
The Scrappy thing was my favorite part. I wasn't bugged by the drug references. There was no actual drug-taking in the film. I thing they could have pushed the envelope even more. Not everything needs to be so kiddified and it's a popular belief that content was hinted at in the original cartoon. Very understated, of course. The main thing that bugged me about the film was that the ghosts were real, but every remake needs some sort of twist.

heck they could forget the whole CGI and go for a Roger Rabbit like cartoon in the real world "Garfeild cat", or would that just be wrong?
You know, I would be all for that. Maybe they could add a little more fur and texturing to the cartoon version of Garfield. No matter how spectacular the CG model looks, many long time fans will object to a realistic cat. I'm looking forward to seeing their solution.

is nermal male or a female? In the cartoon she had a girl voice?
You know. I always thought Nermal was a male. Hey, maybe what's her face that did Pat on SNL should voice Nermal. LOL!