1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Big New Henson Alternative News!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by beaker, Apr 11, 2009.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For fans of the Jim Henson HA! brand(I *love* how they brought back the 1980's HA! logo for this), it's time to rejoice!
    Henson Alternative of course began in 2006 with Puppet Up(webseries, live shows and TBS special), Tinseltown(sadly only the pilot ever aired), and Late Night Buffet/Del's Comedy Binge.

Well not only is Puppet Up still doing regular live shows, but it will be back online with all new episodes. However, two brand new
    Henson Alternative series will be debuting on Film.com, with 15 episodes each: Simian Undercover Detective Squad(SUDD) and
    Alt/Reality
    http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2009/04/henson-alternative-web-series-coming.html

Also of course, there's the Henson Alternative Universe/Puppet Up theatrical film in development, "Happy Time Murders".

The irony is, when the JHC began the HA! brand, it had literally been exactly 30 years since JHC last had an adult Muppet brand(SNL's Land of Gorch)
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love everything that so far has come from HA! The puppet shows have been very well writen and inproved. It is way better then Crank Yankers could have ever hoped to be.
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

4. bluesquid

bluesquid New Member

When will these shows be out? I can't find them on film.com
  5. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

In the preview it says it is coming in 2008. Are we actually going to see this.
  7. dangersquirrel7

dangersquirrel7 New Member

8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I loved it. I thought it was very funny and very well put together. Did anybody notice the scientist was played by the older brother on iCarly?
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh! This things has promise! Love the voices, and the Puppets. That goat cracks me up! Look! I got cracks in me! Heh...

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!
  10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Do we know when we will get more of these?
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It has been two months and we have not seen new videos. Are these virals dead already?
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

So far, all the SUDS stuff I've seen has been the same I've already seen. They really aren't planning to do anything new with it, are they?
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It was just one episode That does not make sence to me.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Seems like there are a lot of misses with the Henson Company. I suppose the focus of resources right now are going to the kids division of Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and the new Doozer show they're working on in order to make some cash in this tough market. It's understandable for them to do so when even Disney is tightening their belt.
  15. Fozzie Bear

Meh, they should have done a few things on the cheap to get a couple episodes done so the characters could develop a little.

I guess I'd like to see them moving along on the other things in the kids division for sure. We need more positive things for kids, and JHC is the fine makers of great things like that.
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

t is sad because I really enjoyed the first episode.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think they should just tape themselves playing around with the puppets and post them to the YouTube and the Henson site. Get the brand out there. SUDS and Tinseltown tried too hard. It's things like Puppet Up that people really respond to.
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Wasn't there another webisode series that was supposed to be in the works.
  19. Fozzie Bear

You have a superb idea there, Froggy! I like this and would love to see it happen.

In the words of my ape cousins, "Ooga booga!"
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I agree to everything, except I doubt the Doozer thing will ever get made. After seeing what Disney has done for the Muppets so far, and comparing it with What Henson's doing at the moment, I get more and more pleased that Disney owns them and actually does something with them. I think that Robot Chicken sketch about Power of the Dark Crystal hit the nail so succinctly on the head, it's scary. It's a shame that the only thing Henson has delivered on is 2 CGI TV shows (good ones) and a series of CGI movies, but they're still struggling with too much other projects.

Movies aside (Fraggle Rock isn't completely Henson's fault), they have all these ideas for shows, they unveil so much, and all we get is one or two episodes a year later, then nothing. I agree completely, we need them to make web exclusive Puppet Up Virals to get the brand out there... maybe absorb all the characters from these unrealized series into the cast? I just wanna see something besides Sid and Dinotrain. And I know they can be capable of something great if they just focus on one thing at a time.