"Big Bird's Words" App Announced

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Nice app. It seems that Big Bird's voice is lower than usual. Maybe, it's probably that Carroll Spinney is getting older.

Hubert

Reaction score
That is true to some extent, it seems. I've never noticed it all that much, but his voice does seem to be lowering a bit.

I think this app is pretty interesting. Very nice technology that it can pick out a real life word like that and recognize it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed a slight difference in BB's voice in recent years, but sometimes I think it's Matt. I know he did Big Bird in "Journey to Ernie," but since that's not on the show anymore I wonder how often Matt performs the voice. Just something I've been curious about. I know I probably ask about this a lot. Lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was recently an interview with Matt Vogel, where he mentioned that these days he doesn't perform Big Bird as much as he used to (I assume because he's also been busy with Jerry Nelson's characters, or perhaps because Big Bird's been in considerably less episodes each year).

It's great to see Big Bird starring in an app. Part of me wonders if the publicity over the Mitt Romney thing had anything to do with it. I also wonder if it would have been an Elmo app if Kevin Clash hadn't resigned. Then again, it seems most of the apps star either Cookie Monster or Grover.

Hubert

Reaction score
That's true, it really is great for Big Bird to have an app. Big Bird is becoming such a neglected character (though the Romney thing did help with that) that he needs some more use in things.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I agree that Big Bird having an app, Hubert. You know, Big Bird has made more appearances after Kevin Clash's departure such as him with Grover introducing the National Children's Museum. I believe characters like Big Bird, Grover, Abby, and Cookie Monster are taking Elmo's place since Elmo is going to have a new performer soon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Man, dull crowd. They had some rather good, funny lines and got nothin'.