Big Bird fans?

Pino

Reaction score
I want to know if there are any big bird fans?
Ofcourse there is Big Bird, but there are more sesamestreets with a big bird in it.
For all of the big birds, look at my new attachement of my Dutch Sesame Street site!(still busy by the way)

www.geocities.com/sesameplanet2

I like Pino the most... who do u like?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i wish i lived in the netherlands. i'm gonna write a song about it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Pino said:
I like Pino the most... who do u like?
I've been a Big Bird fan ever since I was born. When I was a baby, I had (and still have it, so don't make fun of me, some teens still have things from their little years that they can't get rid of!) a Big Bird stuffed animal that I would not let go of, no matter where I went. Big Bird is probably my favorite. I understand Pino being your favorite because he's the "Big Bird" on Sesamstraat. From what I've seen, I think I like Pino too. I'm going to find out more about Minik Kus, he looks ALOT like a "big bird" character I created whom I'm afraid I won't be sharing due to...he hasn't been copyrighted yet.

Pino

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
i wish i lived in the netherlands. i'm gonna write a song about it
I want to hear your sang when it´s finished! Is it about the Dutch muppets or just the Netherlands? :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, I've enjoyed your site a few times!!

I looked at it today and the different photos are neat.

Of course, Big Bird is who I met, and the only one I know, so he's my favorite and the one of which I'm a big fan!

My own special Big Bird experience came during a trip to Gatlinburg, TN, in the mountains. There was this rest area with a restaurant, shop, and indian teepee beside it. In the shop, Big Bird and Cookie Monster were there, and I got to meet them. The Big Bird is a horrible remake of the original character, but you can tell that's who it's supposed to be, and the performer was sweet and kind, and loved my Big Bird doll I had brought along on the trip.

There was also my Cookie Monster puppet and Cookie Monster was funny and energetic and ran around the store scared of my little puppet of himself! We have photos and slides that are cool to look at!!

As far as these other 'birds,' Big Bird (USA and China) obviously is what looks most familiar and comfortable to me, though I've never seen the Chinese SS. Turkey's Minik Kus is the same Big Bird as US and China, it appears, but he looks like he fell in chocolate and powdered sugar!!

Pino has the same body, but in 'bluebird of happiness' fashion, and I like that. Blue is my favorite color, but his beak seems shorter than I would have thought it'd be. Abelardo is another more familiar character, and I have dolls of the Plazo Sesamo.

Grobbevogel and Tocatta look way different, and Grobbevogel doesn't look anything like a Muppet fashion at all to me, but Tocatta looks like he could definitely be a member of the Muppet Family, and looks like to me he might be very funny.

Finally, the one that disturbs me more, is Garibaldo! Freaky looking dude!! I mean, he scares me! YIPE!

Those are the best ideas I can give on what I think of the different characters.

FOZ

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dude, Gatlinburg is about an hour or more drive from where I live!

I never saw a picture of Tocatta before, but I'll take a peak. I agree with you FOZ, that picture of Garibaldo DID look freaky. But dont' worry, I saw another picture of him at Sesame World wbesite, and he looks more like a blue seagull in that picture.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're lucky, I think. I LOVE Gatlinburg! Especially the Ole Smokey Candy Kitchen on the strip, they make the BEST taffy!!

I'll have to check out the Sesame World site to see the 'blue seagull' there, because right now I think I'd have to run from him and cover my eyes to keep them from being pecked out!! :embarrassed:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Finally, the one that disturbs me more, is Garibaldo! Freaky looking dude!! I mean, he scares me! YIPE!
..I agree with you.When I saw that picture..YIKES!Big Bird's got one evil looking cousin there... :eek:

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
I Love Big Bird!!

BIG Big Bird fan here! I've loved big bird forever. He was my most fave character on Sesame Street! Though I started to take interest in the other characters too, Big Bird is the best!
I love his voice and he's so sweet. One of my fave muppet movies is Follow that Bird. I love that movie! La la la lalala la laaa...hee hee.
Muppet birds are so very cool :attitude: It's hard to choose...

Pino

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Grobbevogel and Tocatta look way different, and Grobbevogel doesn't look anything like a Muppet fashion at all to me, but Tocatta looks like he could definitely be a member of the Muppet Family, and looks like to me he might be very funny.

FOZ
Thats because Grobbevogel wasn´t from Jim Henson.. He was an other Big Bird in Holland that had a bigger impact in that time then Pino did..
I put it on my site because the youth sentiment!
Greetings Paul
:concern: