Best Sesame Albums

FunnyBear

Reaction score
What's your favorite:flirt: Sesame Street Album?
Mine is Bert and Ernie Sing Along!

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've always considered "My Name Is Roosevelt Franklin" to be the best. I wouldn't say it's the definitive Sesame Street album, but it is my all time favorite. There isn't a whole lot of characters or story in it, but the songs and their lyrics are what matter most. They're just very well written.

"Bert and Ernie Sing Along" I agree is also wonderful. THAT would probably be one of the definitive S.S. albums for sure. The songs however are not all originals from Sesame Street, most are covers, but still, the dialogue inbetween is just brilliant. Very true to the show (I've read this album was once adapted into the street story for one episode actually) Never fails to make me laugh.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I've always considered "My Name Is Roosevelt Franklin" to be the best. I wouldn't say it's the definitive Sesame Street album, but it is my all time favorite. There isn't a whole lot of characters or story in it, but the songs and their lyrics are what matter most. They're just very well written.

"Bert and Ernie Sing Along" I agree is also wonderful. THAT would probably be one of the definitive S.S. albums for sure. The songs however are not all originals from Sesame Street, most are covers, but still, the dialogue inbetween is just brilliant. Very true to the show (I've read this album was once adapted into the street story for one episode actually) Never fails to make me laugh.
True, My name is Roosevelt Franklin is a very good album, and Bert and Ernie Sing Along was adapted, (but I wish I could see it:sigh:)

cjd874

Reaction score
B&E Sing-A-Long is a true classic (with props to Joe Bailey for writing the dialogue), but I have a place in my heart for the 1971 Alphabet Album. I still have it on a cassette tape, and listened to it nearly every day as a kid.
Honorable mentions: the first two cast albums, "Having Fun with Ernie and Bert," "The Count Counts," and "The Sesame Street Monsters."

FunnyBear

Reaction score
B&E Sing-A-Long is a true classic (with props to Joe Bailey for writing the dialogue), but I have a place in my heart for the 1971 Alphabet Album. I still have it on a cassette tape, and listened to it nearly every day as a kid.
Honorable mentions: the first two cast albums, "Having Fun with Ernie and Bert," "The Count Counts," and "The Sesame Street Monsters."
I agree with your honorable mentions but with Sesame Country
And what album should they re-issue that they don't have already out? :confused:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here's my trinity- the First Three.

1970 Original Cast Album- I've been blessed to have it autographed by Loretta Long, Bob, and Caroll Spinney. Only took twelve years to get all three autographs, but well worth the wait.

1970 The Year of Roosevelt Franklin (original pressing of 'My Name Is...') with Matt Robinson on the cover, and a neat picture inside of Joe Raposo with his headset.

1971 Sesame Street 2- worth the price of admission for "Someday Little Children". Would be great if this ever got released on CD. Until that day, I still have a working turntable.

I had the first two cast albums when I was little, and they were brand-spankin' new.
Then when I was about six, I made the huge blunder of GIVING THEM AWAY, BECAUSE I THOUGHT I OUTGREW THEM!!! Luckily, back in the 90's, I found all three of these again at garage sales, couldn't have paid more than two bucks for all of them together, and NEVER letting them out of my sight again. :smile:

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Here's my trinity- the First Three.

1970 Original Cast Album- I've been blessed to have it autographed by Loretta Long, Bob, and Caroll Spinney. Only took twelve years to get all three autographs, but well worth the wait.

1970 The Year of Roosevelt Franklin (original pressing of 'My Name Is...') with Matt Robinson on the cover, and a neat picture inside of Joe Raposo with his headset.

1971 Sesame Street 2- worth the price of admission for "Someday Little Children". Would be great if this ever got released on CD. Until that day, I still have a working turntable.

I had the first two cast albums when I was little, and they were brand-spankin' new.
Then when I was about six, I made the huge blunder of GIVING THEM AWAY, BECAUSE I THOUGHT I OUTGREW THEM!!! Luckily, back in the 90's, I found all three of these again at garage sales, couldn't have paid more than two bucks for all of them together, and NEVER letting them out of my sight again. :smile:
Wow! Autographed Sesame Street Book and Record or is it Sesame Street 1?
I still have my Sesame Street records and The Muppet Show Music Album (Lucky to have someone who visted the UK and got me the Muppet Show albums) I'm still looking for The Muppet Show and The Muppet Show 2 LP from the UK. (No ebay because I don't have PayPal) A while back, I bought a used Sesame Street Big Bird turnable with a spinning Big Bird on top of the needle. Only 45's though, but I have one for LP's