Bert and Ernie's Greatest Moments

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
My most favorite Sesame Street skits are the Bert & Ernie ones. I just love the two of them. I was thinking "wouldn't it be cool if Sesame Workshop put out a DVD of the best of Bert & Ernie?" and what skits would go on such a collection? What do you think are the best Bert & Ernie moments. Below is of list of my 20 favorite, please share your top picks of the best Bert and Ernie moments.

The Best of Bert & Ernie (in GelflingWaldo's opinion)
01) Ernie's Sculpture of Bert
02) Bert & Ernie at the movies (lady with the tall hat)
03) Counting sheep, fire engines, etc
04) Bert & Ernie go fishing (Here, fishy, fishy, fishy!)
05) "Doin' the Pigieon"
06) Ernie's Disguise Kit
07) Trying to sleep with the dripping faucet
08) Bert plays checkers with Bernice
09) Bert tries to bathe his nephew Brad
10) "Rubber Duckie"
11) Dr. Livingston
12) Ernie eats crackers in bed
13) Bert you're 'it'
14) Banana in my ear
15) "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"
16) Ernie & Bert go to Egypt
17) Licorice whip
18) Ernie gets ready to do the laundry
19) The Count sleeps over
20) "Put Down the Duckie"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved the Bert and Ernie skits! My friends and I used to act them out when we were little! If I had to pick, these are the ones (no particular order):

1. Banana in my ear
2. One time when Ernie couldn't sleep and Bert told him to count sheep and they appeared over his head in cartoon form and were too loud so Bert tells him to count something else and he keeps counting loud things until he decides to count balloons because they're quiet and then the balloon explodes
3. Here Fishy Fishy
4. The one with the Egyptian Ernie and Bert
5. That's what Friends Are For
6. Dance Ourselves to Sleep (with the Boogie Woogie Sheep)
7. Bert playing checkers with Bernice
8. The one when the Count spent the night (this one spread over several clips)
9. Dr. Livingston
10. The one when Ernie is going to write a story so Bert collects all the things he'll need and ends up with a wastebasket on his head.

There are others too, I just can't think of them right now!

ceecee

Reaction score
1) Ernie paints Bert's picture, which doesn't quite look like him, so Ernie rearranges Bert so he looks like the painting.

2) Ernie has Bert guess his surprise, which ends up being a puppy, who Bert wants to call Norman, but Ernie wants to call "Gozdilla the Wonder-Pup." (Whatever happened to that dog anyway?)

3) The fishbowl/cowboy hat.

4) any one where Ernie tries to get Bert to play a game, but Bert is trying to read.

and all the ones previously mentioned. This may have to be a multi-disc DVD!

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

maxdrive

Reaction score
here are a few of mine

the rymeing game

ernie's appletree

imagin that

dont want to liv eon the moon

the song about how ernie and bert are diffrent but they still like each other
"i like to see the hippoponimus at the zoo"
"hey you know what i like that too"

groverluva

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the clip where Ernie and Bert look at these little bug people I guess in their flower pot and then it zooms in on them and they start talking and have a whole little skit, I think they were called something, but I'm not sure. I think it was late 70s early 80s.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
ceecee said:
and all the ones previously mentioned. This may have to be a multi-disc DVD!
Well, each skit is usally around 3-5 mins long on average - you could easily have 25-30 skits and keep it under 2-hours. And most DVDs can hold up to 4-hours; so really they could load 50-60 skits on one disk no problem. So far (as of of this post) only 30 skits (not counting the one's listed twice) we've listed. But a 2-disk set of 50-100 skits (if there ae 100 of them worth a DVD treatment), that would be cool too.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
groverluva said:
Does anyone remember the clip where Ernie and Bert look at these little bug people I guess in their flower pot and then it zooms in on them and they start talking and have a whole little skit, I think they were called something, but I'm not sure. I think it was late 70s early 80s.
They were called the tweedle bugs, they lived in Ernie's window flower box. They appeared in several skits and were also quite fun (just like Bert and Ernie).

Al Hempker

Reaction score
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet. Bert is in his chair trying to listen to Pigeons in the News, and Ernie has a dixieland band playing outside the apt. which disturbs Bert, who asks Ernie 2 or 3 times to keep it down. Ernie winds up bringing the band into the apt. Can't remember if Bert passes out or not.

maxdrive

Reaction score
what about the one where bert is reading a book about air ernie come sin wanting bert to play baseball with him bert tells ernie about his book so ernie gets a fan to help show air he turns it on low and the pages start to move when ernie turns it on high the book blows out of berts hands

Ernie: bert i see your not reading anymore

bert: of corse im not reading the fan JUST BLEW MY BOOK AWAY!!!

ernie: well then lets

together go play baseball

Teankun

Reaction score
They already did a "best" for VHS, but it did not have some of my favorites (including either counting sheep). So, we fans should make a list of our favorite scenes to make a difinitve collectrion.

Another of my favorites is where they are sleeping and Ernie wants to know what time it is. Bert tells him to read the clock, but it is too dark. Ernie wants to neither go across the room in the dark to the light switch nor wait until the sun is up, so he goes to the window and sings "Oh, Sola Mio" horribly. Lights all over Queens turn on. For crying out loud, Ernie, it's 3 o'clock in the morning!" "It's 3 o'clock in the morning, Bert"