Being serious

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm sure (well almost sure) that we're all shocked by the death of Robin Williams. He was depressed & committed suicide. Which brings me to my main point: suicide. Three words :DON'T DO IT!!! I know that life may seem horrible sometimes. But once you commit suicide, that's it. And you're not only hurting yourself; you're hurting your family:
In 1992 ,my best friend's brother committed suicide. This hurt the family ; especially my best friend because she had an extremely close relationship with her brother. She wasn't the same after he died. She was a shell of herself. She passed away 3 years ago & (even though I miss her.) I think she's MUCH happier with her brother
But I digress, If you're depressed & feel like you can't make it anymore, TALK TO SOMEONE!!! I can't stress that enough! There's ALWAYS someone that needs you! I'll admit. there were times when I wanted to end it all. But I couldn't do that to my family . Not after what it did to my friend's family. (Besides, my dad would probably kick my butt back to Earth.) So take what I said to heart OK?
(Mods...please read this through, and if you want to delete this please PM me & give me a good reason why, OK?. Thanks.)
Kathy

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm sure (well almost sure) that we're all shocked by the death of Robin Williams. He was depressed & committed suicide. Which brings me to my main point: suicide. Three words :DON'T DO IT!!! I know that life may seem horrible sometimes. But once you commit suicide, that's it. And you're not only hurting yourself; you're hurting your family:
In 1992 ,my best friend's brother committed suicide. This hurt the family ; especially my best friend because she had an extremely close relationship with her brother. She wasn't the same after he died. She was a shell of herself. She passed away 3 years ago & (even though I miss her.) I think she's MUCH happier with her brother
But I digress, If you're depressed & feel like you can't make it anymore, TALK TO SOMEONE!!! I can't stress that enough! There's ALWAYS someone that needs you! I'll admit. there were times when I wanted to end it all. But I couldn't do that to my family . Not after what it did to my friend's family. (Besides, my dad would probably kick my butt back to Earth.) So take what I said to heart OK?
(Mods...please read this through, and if you want to delete this please PM me & give me a good reason why, OK?. Thanks.)
Kathy
You're absolutely right......I couldn't stand even cartoons that ended with a character shooting himself......it seems to make it light when it isn't. I hate the thoughts of suicide....it's so tragic.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Thanks Kathy :smile: I think lots of people need to hear things like this.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Lovely post, Kathy! Why would you think someone would wanna delete this?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Kathy
I don't think I could have said that better myself. I have had to deal with suicide once and two attempted suicides, which in my opinion is three times to many.
When my friend took his life, it changed the person I was. I was this young man who thought I knew what was right and wrong and that there was not a gray area especially in peoples lives. They where ether "good" or they where "bad". Now I realize how wrong that was, and that there is a gray area, and people don't need to be preached at, but loved.

I was blessed one night, I was alone in the store where I was working at the time. I felt like my life was falling apart. I had lost someone I truly loved with all my heart, and me and my mom where fighting about what church I was going to go to. I was also hearing from my friend (The one who committed suicide) how he wanted to end it all. So that night I took a butcher knife from the store shelf and was going to "end it all". Seconds before I did I heard a voice yell "STOP!" I quickly turned to see who was there, and there was no one around, I was alone. I dropped the knife and ran out of that store, never to think about killing myself ever again.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've been close to committing suicide myself. Once I was so depressed, I thought my life was over, and I thought nobody would miss me or care if I killed myself. How wrong I was. I now think it was selfish of me, cowardly of me. God pulled me through, he gave me the strength and courage to hold on, to see another day. And 15 years later, so many new doors opened up for me. I got married, found an unbelievable best friend, got to see a number of dreams come true... None of which would've been possible if I did away with myself.

God helped me overcome suicide. If that's not reason enough to praise Him, I don't know what is.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've been close to committing suicide myself. Once I was so depressed, I thought my life was over, and I thought nobody would miss me or care if I killed myself. How wrong I was. I now think it was selfish of me, cowardly of me. God pulled me through, he gave me the strength and courage to hold on, to see another day. And 15 years later, so many new doors opened up for me. I got married, found an unbelievable best friend, got to see a number of dreams come true... None of which would've been possible if I did away with myself.

God helped me overcome suicide. If that's not reason enough to praise Him, I don't know what is.
Thank goodness. You know sometimes when I hate myself I think of good things I've done. Like this one time at a kid on my street's T-Ball game, this little toddler girl is wandering off and one of the WORST mothers I've ever seen inm y life isn't noticing it,and is nearly in the street. A little girl and I saved her, and redirected her. Sure something might not have happened, but it COULD have. One kid would need somebody bigger to help her, and that's what I did. Plus who knows what that child will do when (or sadly if with how that "mother" behaved), when she grows up. Sooooooo many people do little things, or would do little things like that if they live, but no....so many people hate their lives and think nobody cares about them so they kill themselves. If you think of it, just think of this. YOU might be the person who stops a child from going out into the street, or something else. If you're dead, you can't do that, and there might not be another person around to help.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Kathy
Oh Kathy!That was wonderful! :cry: I am Sorry,that your Brother is dead! :cry: :cry: I know,Robin Williams is dead!But if you are depressed,You Need Help!Don't shoot yourself!Don't kill you!YOLO-you only live once..

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh Kathy!That was wonderful! :cry: I am Sorry,that your Brother is dead! :cry: :cry: I know,Robin Williams is dead!But if you are depressed,You Need Help!Don't shoot yourself!Don't kill you!YOLO-you only live once..
(((((BeakerJanice)))))) you can take it easy.. I'm NOT going to do anything to myself. It was my friend's brother (well he's my stepbrother now; his dad & my mom just got married ) that died. But he was like a brother to me.