"Being Green" Question

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
Okay, I know probably everyone has noticed this before, and I've noticed it all my life. It's kind of bothered me, so here I am, posting it. You all know the song "It's Not Easy Being Green". In the part of the song where Kermit sings "And it can be big like a___" There are two different versions. In one he sings "it can be big like an ocean or important like a mountain or tall like a tree" and in the other he sings "it can be big like a mountain or important like a river or tall like a tree". So my question is...
Which one came out first? Is one just Sesame Street and the other a Muppet Show version? I always get confused. Personally, *I* perfer the first version I mentioned (big like an ocean) but that's just me...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm. That's interesting.

I call myself a Muppets fan and I never noticed it. Perhaps that's why I always get a little befuddled during that part of the song when singing it in the tub, huh?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hmm. That's interesting.

I call myself a Muppets fan and I never noticed it. Perhaps that's why I always get a little befuddled during that part of the song when singing it in the tub, huh?
You sing that in the Tub? You sad green little man.

:smile: :confused: :crazy: :big_grin: :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
..."it can be big like an ocean..."
You also use the computor and go on the internet in yout tub?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
You also use the computor and go on the internet in yout tub?
Yeah, 'shocking' isn't it?

I watched SS 25th Anniversary in Music on DVD and they had the (I suppose) original Bein Green on there. Looked old enough to be.