1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
  1. Bein' Green

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Rainbow Connection

24 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Unclematt I feel the same way!
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Both in Illinois, we should make it happen
  3. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Well I live in Macomb, IL. Home of Western Illinois University. About a 4 hour drive SW from Chicago. Where are u at?
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am about 20 minutes outside of the city in Brookfield IL.
  5. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

hmmmm. that town name doesn't ring a bell for me...

*looking at Mapquest*

Well it shows here that to get to Brookfield from Macomb I need to head in the direction of Chicago sort of and the trip takes about 4 hours...

perhaps u can use mapquest or something and see for yourself to see if that's right.
  6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That sounds about right. My good friend Scott went to Western. I was there once visiting him.
  7. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Maybe u otta come visit him again and then we can cross paths and hang out
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Unfortunately he has since graduated and is now making a career as a profesional wrestler in the town we grew up togeher in, Berwyn. Have you heard of Berwyn?
  9. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Nope never heard of it...
  10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Have you heard of Cicero?
  11. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

nope. sorry.
  12. Rax

Rax New Member

Maybe you guys better discuss this privately. ;)

Gr, Rax
  13. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

oh yea u may be right. thanks Rax
  14. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

I gusse The Rainbow Connection Won.
    I think there should be some more polls on the forums.
    I can't think of one right now,
    But I will post one here when I do.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I've always preferred the Rainbow Connection to Being Green. Being green just always seemed really slow and I could nevere follow it well. When I was a kid I thought it was the most boring songs quite frankly. Rainbow connection is somethng I sing every other day because it has such a nice tune.
  16. lds1987

lds1987 New Member

Honestly when I was little I thought both songs were so dull I would instantly get up and leave the room. Now that I'm grown up I love them both, though I'd say it's a tie still. Both are good songs and have so much more meaning to them then it appears.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Even though Bein' Green was performed on The Muppet Show it originated on Sesame Street so I kind of see program preference as a factor into the song preference. I prefer the Muppet Movie to Sesame Street so Rainbow Connection gets my vote. :)
  18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I love both songs, but Rainbow Connection wins it for me. It's so beautifully worded and it's just a really pretty song. But both songs have really nice messages. :)

I really love Big Bird's rendition of Bein' Green at Jim Henson's memorial too. It always brings tears to my eyes.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

It's kinda funny. I found a book at Borders the other day titled "It's No Easy Bein' Green." It's full of quotes by Henson, Kermit and other people. They quote a bunch of songs but Rainbow Connection's not in it (at least I didn't see it). It could be that the theme of the book didn't fit with the song but it was an intersting thing to see.
  20. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

What a coincidence. I just bought that book about a week ago. In fact, it's literally only a couple inches away from my laptop. I love just picking it up and flipping through it. There are a lot of really great quotes in there. (My favorite quote is Kermit's on page 56). They do have the quote from the very ending of the Rainbow Connection reprise ("Life's like a movie, make your own ending..."), but yeah, I was surprised they didn't quote more of it.