1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
Bein' Green 11 vote(s) 31.4%
The Rainbow Connection 24 vote(s) 68.6%

1. BEAR Active Member

The Rainbow Connection definitely rhymes!
  2. BEAR Active Member

Excellent point! I'll have to agree here, Dave. I adore both songs though. "Green" is most definitely Kermit's anthem, and "Rainbow Connection" is more the anthem of the Muppets (along with a number of other songs, such as "Just One Person" and "It's in Every One of Us".)
  3. BEAR Active Member

Just a reminder...
    Remember what the initial question was that Anything Muppet asked:
    "What is the ultimate Kermit theme?"
    He wasn't asking what the Muppet theme was nor what your personal favorite of the two songs are. Just something to keep in mind.

On that note, I am voting for "Bein' Green".
  4. superboober Member

I'd have to go with Rainbow Connection. There's just more magic to it.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

You're right, the question was "What is Kermit's theme?". And that is definitely "Bein Green', IMO. It's something very personal to him. Yet at the same time, anyone can identify with it.

My favorite rendition is Kermit with Ray Charles; it's just amazing, magic. It also demonstrates how important the song's message was for the '60s and '70s. And how important it still should be. Different can be beautiful.

"The words say "It's not easy being green'" but the song is about knowing who you are. And in it you hear Jim's message most clearly. He believed that people are good and that they want to do their best and no matter how or why we might be different from anybody else, we should learn to love who we are and be proud of it."

Ray Charles
  6. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I agree that Bein' Green seems more like Kermit's theme, but RC is more my favorite.
  7. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I voted for Rainbow Connection but I now regret it as I like Bein' Green better and I like the message of it better :p
  8. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I usually think of paint remover because when I think of Bein' Green it usually means I spilled paint on myself.

(OK, it was a long shot for a stoopid joke.) :o
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

me.... Rainbow Connection, hands down! :)
  10. sarah_yzma Active Member

I'm a Rainbow Connection person as well. Like Foz, I can connect to is more personally than being green (yes, yes, I understand it doesn't mean green literally)
  11. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I wish more folks would weigh in--poll closes on the 23rd. Where's my fellow Mod's??
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

I think The Rainbow says spifically more what Kermit's all about and who he is. But of coures "Bein' Green" is Kermit's anthem.
  13. christyb New Member

I think Rainbow Connection is better. It's more of Kermit's trade song to me than Bein' Green. Even though the latter is the more famous of the two. If I had to choose one for Kermit to sing to me? You can bet it'll be Rainbow Connection...then I'd ask for an encore of Bein' Green. :)
  14. Beauregard Well-Known Member

And after that, Happy Feet. Which reminds me (and I am FAR too lazy to do my own research) was Happy Feet written for TMS? Or was in a cover?
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

I'd just like to reiterate (or at least iterate again :mad: ), that I'd love to have Kermit sing Bein' Green to me. Rainbow Connections never feels like it should be sung to someone, or as a duo.
  16. Super Scooter New Member

Happy Feet was just a cover. Although, I will always think of Kermit when I hear it, whether it's sung by Frank Sinatra or... the pope.

... hey, there's an idea! The pope singin' Happy Feet!

(but, yeah, Frank Sinatra did a cover of it as well, but actually, I think the first one to sing it was Cab Calloway.)
  17. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I called and asked if he would, he just told me not to call again. JK
  18. Super Scooter New Member

Darn you consarned kids!
  19. MuppetMarc New Member

Just voted for 'Connection:)
  20. Anything Muppet New Member

Wow, my first thread, and it's pinned. Cool!
    There are some good replies...Oh, and I'm a female, by the way. :flirt: