Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, that stool kinda sounds like a really cool hiding place for "hide and go seek"...

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
That stool sounds like a cool prop--I'm always really impressed by the ways that people figured out to trick the camera in the days before you could just do anything with CG and bluescreens...
I know! Movie special effects are no fun anymore because they can do anything. They used to have to be really clever and inventive. They don't nowadays.

:stick_out_tongue:

propologist

Reaction score
glade to see you here

Hi,
Glade to see you here, I didn't know that you were posting already.
Great story so far . I know you have so many more .
Guy's this man is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Thank's for posting and I will see you at the shop soon.

Mike
(propologist)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
So that's how they did the stool!! I was watching that with a few frieds the other day and we couldn't figure out for the life of us how Kermit was sitting on that stool. :big_grin: Thanks for sharing that, now I won't have to wonder!

MWoO

Reaction score
I never though about how they did that scene with Kermit. It was just one of tose times where I was like, that's just Kermit sitting in a chair. I didn't even realize that Jim Henson was hiding somewhere.

Personally, I prefer effects like that. Blue screen looks so fake to me. Stuff like that 3 legged stool look better than any blue screen effect.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Here here! Blue screen and green screen make things so easy anymore. Unless of course you're working with muppets, and you have blue and green characters...:smile: :attitude: :concern: Although I prefer hearing about tricks like "mirrors and a three legged stool." They're so much more interesting than "blue/green screen"

Erine81981

Reaction score
I always loved the scene with Kermit on the stool. I kept wondering how they did that scene. Then I saw that episode on Muppet video serise with those two character puppets. Kevin Clash and (can't think of other puppeteer) and they showed how they did that. It was pretty cool to see how then I said thats how they did that. I hope they use more of the old effects then the newer stuff. Oh well we can't live in the old days.

unclematt

Reaction score
propologist said:
Hi,
Glade to see you here, I didn't know that you were posting already.
Great story so far . I know you have so many more .
Guy's this man is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Thank's for posting and I will see you at the shop soon.

Mike
(propologist)
Are you a friend of Was Once Ernie?

propologist

Reaction score
A Friend

Hi Unclematt,
Yes I am and like I said before .He is the nicest man you will ever meet.

Mike
(propologist)

unclematt

Reaction score
He is a very interesting guy and knows tons of great information. Was just curious if you were involved in the business with him and if not how you know him.