Behind the Music of "The Electric Mayhem"

AAO

Reaction score
Muppet fans beware...for this may be offensive...

AAO

Reaction score
Around two or three weeks ago, I watched a show on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" which features "Family Guy", "Futurama", and many others. Anyway, I was watching "Robot Chicken", a claymation typed show, but it uses actual action figures and dolls and make them come to life with the technique of stop-motion action. Well, the people at "robot chicken" used the Paliside toys

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
There's a thread about it already. In fact, there's even a link to a clip of it. It's... um... somewhere around here... I think it's entitled "Robot Chicken," or something like that. Not sure though. Anyway, lots of interesting discussion to read there. I'll see if I can find it, and I'll post a link for you. Oh, and AAO... Welcome to Muppet Central! I love your avatar.

EDIT: ok, found a link. It's in the "TV Appearances" section, by the way. Anyways, here's the link.

AAO

Reaction score
They used the Paliside figures using The Electric Mayhem, Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Animal, Janice, & Floyd! At first I was excited about the whole ordeal. Now, Robot Chicken pokes fun at celebrities and goes way out there - it's still funny. Anyway, Seth Green, creator of the show, I found out is a huge fan of the Muppets! So, I thought, he'll do something really funny, but not too out there. Now, we all know that the Muppet Show was during the '70's and a lot of drug related topics were in the news and there was "peace" everywhere. LOL well, anyway, they begin to go back when The Electric Mayhem was big and popular ... then it tells us that Kermit couldn't keep up with the bills for the Muppet theater. The mob then "took him down". He was only beaten up though. The Electric Mayhem went on to play at Birthday Party's, Botmitzva's, and other essential places. The band broke up ... Janice dated Tommy Lee (Pam Anderson's Ex) and got Hepititus C...she goes on Howard Stern and talks. Janice uses some "fowl" language in this scene. Dr. Teeth was giving piano lessons...Years later, they all reunited on a special Ed McMan hosts. Ed calls Animal an "epileptic rag doll" and Animal tears Ed to shreds. Animal is then "put down" just as a dog or cat would be! I was shocked! Zoot was caught with "hash" in Europe and Floyd hasn't heard from him since. Floyd mentions a reunion, but doesn't think it's best for Animal's dead and Zoot's in jail...It ends with Rowlf the Dog in his *tux* suit from the Paliside figures Series playing a piano. Dr. Teeth and Janice are in the bar where Rowlf is playing...Dr. Teeth says, "As long as we have good friends and good health." Janice then starts to cough. The show then ends....I WAS IN SHOCK! :eek: :attitude:

AAO

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the welcome....I'm glad to be a member of this group. For 2 years I had read up on all the things you guys had been talking about....but my computer wouldn't allow me to join...so, now, after installing new programs for my computer...i was able to join! I feel so much better that I can voice my opinion too! THANKS again! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
Hey! Thanks for the welcome....I'm glad to be a member of this group. For 2 years I had read up on all the things you guys had been talking about....but my computer wouldn't allow me to join...so, now, after installing new programs for my computer...i was able to join! I feel so much better that I can voice my opinion too! THANKS again! :smile:

Its weird when people read the forums for a while before joining. Its like you new us before you join. Crazy lol

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yeah, I snuck around here for months before I joined. I was going stir crazy not having a voice at all. The last straw was the "You might be an obsessed muppet fan if" thread in the games section. I was thinking of great stuff, and I'm like, "That's it! I'm joining!" So I did. And I'm glad that you did, too.

AAO

Reaction score
Well thanks! I've read up all my Henson/Muppet books - and I'm ready...LOL it was like a prep-school....LOL! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Cool! Glad you decided to join. I was a haunter, too.