Beatles covers on SS

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for three Beatles covers SS did in 1969. I'm looking for:

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds: Prarie Dawn with 3 hippies singing in front of a chromakey backround.

Yellow Submarine: Unsure of details, but I have the MP3

Octopus' Garden: Similar to the Ed Sullivan version, but with a green ponity headed AM.

If anybody has these, please let me know. I've been desperately looking for them for a while without any luck. Maybe they aired on some 80's PBS shows you guys have? I dunno, but if you have them, let me know, I'd love to trade.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds: Prarie Dawn with 3 hippies singing in front of a chromakey backround.

Octopus' Garden: Similar to the Ed Sullivan version, but with a green ponity headed AM.
Ryan, I wanna know what the octopus in the SS version of Octopus' Garden looked like. I'm guessing he was an orange AM (same as Sully). Is this true? I believe that there was a fish that was a blue AM.

I also believe that the three hippies from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds were three of the puppets that evolved into Little Jerry and the Monotones. The puppet that became Big Jeffy (guy with the beard) was actually the Grump puppet (Ed Sullivan, Muppet Meeting Films).

Thanks for your help and have a good night!

BlueAM

"I'd like to be under the sea, in an octopus' garden in the shade."

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for three Beatles covers SS did in 1969. I'm looking for:

If anybody has these, please let me know. I've been desperately looking for them for a while without any luck. Maybe they aired on some 80's PBS shows you guys have? I dunno, but if you have them, let me know, I'd love to trade.

I would love to have those. Could u send me them. email: muppetkyle@sbcglobal.net

Ryan

Reaction score
Guys, read the full message, I'm looking for them.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
SS did Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds? gee that was considered by many a drug song even though John Lennon denied it.

Ryan

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
SS did Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds? gee that was considered by many a drug song even though John Lennon denied it.
Yeah. The song was actually inspired by a drawing John's son Julian did, which was titled "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

matthewxel

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

I know where you can find the 3 hippies from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! :big_grin:

Check SSU episodes 1 & 8. :smile: 3 of the hippies you are looking for are in the 2 CTW stills holding up the SS sign and the CTW plaque. But in episode #1 they don't hold up the plaque(it's Mr.Hooper who holds up the plaque)but in episode #8 they do!! :cool:

The first hippie is tall with an orange head (Chrissy) like Dr.Feel, lavender with a round head like Polly Darton, and The Grump Muppet (Big Jeffy) :smile:

Also Ryan, on Joggy's website he has the Octopus' Garden photo.

And one more thing ,not necessarily just for you Ryan, does anyone else here know what the Muppets and the backrounds looked like for the Yellow Submarine number? :confused: If anyone knows please tell me!

ssetta

Reaction score
Those 3 hippies were also seen in the musical number "Good Morning, Starshine" which was seen on SSU episode 54.

Ryan

Reaction score
matthewxel said:
Hey Ryan,

I know where you can find the 3 hippies from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! :big_grin:

Check SSU episodes 1 & 8. :smile: 3 of the hippies you are looking for are in the 2 CTW stills holding up the SS sign and the CTW plaque. But in episode #1 they don't hold up the plaque(it's Mr.Hooper who holds up the plaque)but in episode #8 they do!! :cool:

The first hippie is tall with an orange head (Chrissy) like Dr.Feel, lavender with a round head like Polly Darton, and The Grump Muppet (Big Jeffy) :smile:

Also Ryan, on Joggy's website he has the Octopus' Garden photo.

And one more thing ,not necessarily just for you Ryan, does anyone else here know what the Muppets and the backrounds looked like for the Yellow Submarine number? :confused: If anyone knows please tell me!

I knew all of that, but tahnks anyway.

matthewxel

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the number:"Yellow Submarine" was actually like?!