Beast of Blue Rock and Mokey's Funeral...

Gonzo

Reaction score
I just watched "Beast of Blue Rock" and "Mokey's Funeral" for the first time...I was watching Miles, and he was asking about Fraggles (or he said something that sounded like "FRgLAWP!!!") so we decided to watch a few FR episodes.

We liked them both very much. Miles liked the songs, especially the opening theme (all the clapping is very exciting for a 9-month old) and "Jump up, turn around, cross over."

Two very nice episodes--I think Byron sent them to me about two years ago, and after moving twice I rediscovered a bunch of treasures like this. Very cool stuff--I'm gonna bust out some of the other Fraggle Rock tapes.

They need these on DVD, darn it!

:mad:

Muppemoticon Crazy.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Amen, Quinn...

Because Mokey is my soulmate fraggle, I totally understand her predicament in "Mokey's Funeral"...I had a really similar situation once in college, (mainly the part where she has a good idea and tries to get 'em to listen), and I had seen this ep. and I was like, "Whoooooa...duuuuuuuude..."

WARNING**WARNING**SPOILERS AHEAD**DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT THE EPISODE "RUINED" FOR YOU

It's just amazing how emotional---yet unsentimental---these shows are. When Mokey innocently, happily says to Rags, "And now to introduce you to my friends! :smile: ", and then we see how she is just CRUSHED by what they say, and we can read into Gobo and Red's comments in the garden...i--it's just amazing. And that moment where Mokey overheards her friends is one of the most painful moments in the series IMO.

But yep, definitely one of the Rock's best, I think.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

It's just amazing how emotional---yet unsentimental---these shows are. When Mokey innocently, happily says to Rags, "And now to introduce you to my friends! :smile: ", and then we see how she is just CRUSHED by what they say, and we can read into Gobo and Red's comments in the garden...
Yeah, I'm really sensitive to things like that too--it's like getting stood up, or being all dressed up with no place to go, or being so happy and then just getting so deflated....

Yeah, my lower lip was quivering for Mokey at that one too. That was a great episode. Thanks!

:stick_out_tongue:

No reason--just liked Ernie.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I thought this episode is really good too. I really liked "Ragtime Queen", and It's really sad when Gobo and Red Think Mokey is dead. It's so cool how emotional these characters can get.

Jake:big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
MORE SPOILERS

"Beast of Bluerock" has a moment that never ceases to amaze me. When Wembley meets up with Gobo at Bluerock and Gobo finds that he lacks the nerve to break the rock and face the beast, he says "I'm a failure. I've let you down, I've let everybody down". Wembley pauses for a moment, then picks up Gobo's pickaxe and starts breaking Bluerock in. "Wembley! You could get killed!" wails Gobo. "But I don't want you to be a failure, Gobo."

Just thinking about that, one character risking his life for his best friend's honor. Rare you see that on TV, or in movies, and here it is... a passing glance on a children's show.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Here are some of the FR DVDs:

1. Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock. Complete first season
2. Jim Henson's Fraggle rock. Live by the rule of the rock
3. Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock. Down in Fraggle Rock
4. Doin' things that Doozers do
5. Fraggle Rock. Where it all began
6. Fraggle Rock. Dance your cares away

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
SPOILER

I love Mokey's "Ragtime Queen" song. And Junior's reaction when he think he's killed a Fraggle is so sad and perfectly done. You really felt the Mother/Son bond with Junior and Ma Gorg.