Beary & Pals

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Besides the cool use of the "&" symbol, I'm here to talk about my first foray into performing/puppeteering: A little show I happen to call Beary & Pals.

Cast: (Left to Right) Wally, Mr. Fox, Beary, The Great Pepperoni (top center) Bunny, Henrietta and Wooly (bottom center)
Excluding the one custom puppet (outsourced), the cast is entirely made up of Folkmanis puppets (Although to help with set changes and closing curtains, I grabbed two white gloves for "stagehands":laugh: .)
-
I just had a gig with the show at a church fundraising event. I handed out custom-made programs and the show was actually advertised on the event's flyer! I wrote and performed two shows with a second puppeteer (my dad...), and we had a great turnout (about 20 people per show).
I recorded 2 vocal tracks with two other voice actors and performed to the tracks live in a wooden puppet theatre my dad built. My dad also served as set and prop designer for the show.
The first show we did involved the cast meeting Pepperoni, as a sort of introduction show, and the second show was a failed attempt at a style parody of MuppeTelevision (Basically, putting the characters in charge of a TV studio and every thing goes wrong, I guess.)

We filmed both shows for future use and reference, so they should be up on YouTube soon... I'm trying to get a show with the puppets on a local TV station based out of my school.

kumakami

Reaction score
never underestimate the power of gloved hands! while simple it is an extremly hard form of puppet work. Trying to give them "character" is not a simple as one thinks. So please don't discount your self, you have chosen a wonder full "stage hand" for your troupe.

Sounds like a blast, wish you more good time for your future!!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
never underestimate the power of gloved hands! while simple it is an extremly hard form of puppet work. Trying to give them "character" is not a simple as one thinks. So please don't discount your self, you have chosen a wonder full "stage hand" for your troupe.

Sounds like a blast, wish you more good time for your future!!
Thanks! I was developing the gloves as characters, even to the point of giving them their own skits (which I had cut for time), but they didn't have that much of a presence in the show... We had a blast performing the show in the end; Wally was tossed through a hoop and hit by golf balls, and the first show ended in a mock pinball tournament!
This wasn't our first performance with the show, however, as my dad and I did a show last year at the same church event...

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Here's a video of Imaginactive TV (The second show we performed):