bear in the big blue house help needed!!

fuzzyandblue

Reaction score
Hi all. Don't know if anyone will remember me -- I used to be on here quite a bit a couple of years ago. (I wrote the review of the Sesame Street Museum exhibit too.)

I have a dilema and hope that you can help me. I am now a mom (believe it or not), and my daughter is a Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House fanatic (rightly so!). Her first birthday is in a few weeks and I'd really like to get her a Bear or Ojo doll (Tutter would be cool too). If not, then a nice Big Bird doll. I'm amazed at how much trouble I'm having finding these!

The last time I was at FAO in NYC, they had a big BITBBH section and a decent Sesame Street section too. The toys were all over in stores. But now, they're pretty hard to find. Any ideas where I can find the Fisher Price or Applause BITBBH toys?? Or for that matter...anywhere to get an infant or toddler safe Kermit? (Mommy isn't sharing her collection ;oP )

Darn me and my good behavior at NOT buying myself a Bear doll back then. Poop! What was I thinking??? Luckily I did cave with a Blue's Clues doll, so she can play with that at least. (and I did get one of the Gonzo Igel dolls while there too, but they never did restock them so I couldn't get Rizzo.)

BTW, I'm in Canada now, but will be back in the States in a couple weeks, so I can hit US stores while there, but would prefer to order online if possible.

Thanks!!!

Steph:0)

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Not that this will help you, but I was in the little Variety store we have here (in my shore town) the other day, and I was amazed to see that they have small Bear, Treelo, Ojo, and Tuttle plushes for $5.99 a piece. Neato!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hey fuzzyandblue, while you are here in the Great White North be sure to check Zellers, Toys R Us and Wal-Marts here. I have recently seen the Bear puppets and plush toys in all three chain's Ontario stores and it's likely the same across Canada.

Lu775

Reaction score
Pip and Pop

I got my incredibly cute Pip and Pop plush dolls from Wal-Mart here in Toronto.

beaker

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a discount store(not a dollar store) called "Big Lots" or "Cargo Largo"?

For the last year I have seen a ton of discounted Bear related plush, small plush, and those cool Fisher Price Bear figures.

Good luck finding what ya need...so great to hear of new Muppet fans in the world!

Dresgirl

Reaction score
where to find bear bbh items

Hey steph,
you might want to try "Target" stores here in the USA, also go online to "Ebay.com" and you can find TONS of bear merchandise including plush bear items.
good luck!