Bear in Playhouse Disney Live!

BEAR

Reaction score
So I finally got to see something yesterday that I have been curious about for a long time. I went to see the Playhouse Disney Live show at Disney's California Adventure yesterday. I have an annual passport to the Disney parks and I go pretty often. I have always wondered what the PDL show was like but never really had anyone to see it with me and I would feel silly seeing it alone. My girlfriend (a huge Disney freak just like me!) went with me and we saw it. Anyway...I absolutely LOVED it!!! It was so much fun and I could not stop smiling the whole time. I felt like I was a little kid again. Of course, anytime I see Bear makes me happy. The show was so well done. The sets, the lights, the performances.
I recommend seeing this show to anyone who has small children (and even if you don't and you have an appreciation for this kind of thing). It is only about 25 minutes long I think.
Anyone else seen this show? What did you think? I would love to hear your thoughts.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My wife and I took a Mini-Vacation a couple weekends ago, in Disneyland! We had 2-Day Parkhoppers, and we had to make sure to go on all the new rides (Tower of Terror, Astro-Blasters), as well as see all the new shows.

I LOVE the Muppets, but when we were in line for Playhouse Disney Live, I almost convinced myself that it would be stupid, not fully understanding what the ride/show would be all about. Fortunately, my wife reminded me that we wouldn't be back for almost a year, and we better see it just for fun!

IT WAS THE COOLEST!!! We walked in the room and saw Bears' Big Blue House up on stage, then the show started, and BEAR CAME WALKING OUT! I'm not a huge Bear fan, but it is a Muppet show, and I was freaking out! Then Tutter popped up, then Ojo, Treelo, and OH MY GOD, I couldn't believe there were real - live - Muppets, performing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! My wife couldn't believe how I reacted to it all.

Anyway, here's a link to all the pics from our trip, some of Playhouse Disney Live!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7kfc0xz.yuo1b2z&x=0&y=ih9iwv

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

My Cuz and I seen it last month (in may 05) at Disney World in FL. We sat in the middel on that hard blue floor. I LOVED EVERY min of it! I was even singing along with Bear waith the "Big blue houe" song and the "Good bye song". I got pics to that I'll post soon! :smile: Poor little Tutter :cry: he was scared lol The oNLY thing that got me upset was the 3 kids dancing right in my way, and I kindy asked the mom if she could move em just a bit...and she did :smirk:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I was pretty close to seeing this in Disneys California adventure park last year. We just didnt get enough time in that park, we only went on about 2 rides and attractions there which is crazy!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder, which rides/attractions did you go on? We always hit:

-Soarin' Over California (my favorite ride of all time, at either park!)
-Playhouse Disney Live! (will now be a regular favorite!)
-Muppetvision 3-D
-California Screamin' (awesome rollercoaster)
-Tower of Terror
-whatever is showing at the Hyperion Theatre (it was Aladdin this time!)
-always visit the Animation Building in the Hollywood Backlot
-A Bug's Land/It's Tough to Be a Bug
-Orange Stinger (like the Swings at County/State Fairs)

Missed these rides this last time, but usually go on them:

-Grizzly River Run (awesome water ride!)
-Maliboomer (Like the Big Shot in Vegas)
-Sun Wheel (Ferris Wheel type of ride)
-Mulholland Madness Coaster

Anyway, there's lots to do at California Adventure, I love it. Hope you get more time there on your next visit to the States!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I probably went on more things than I thought but we really didnt get enough time. I had the time of my life in L.A and cant wait to some back to the US ASAP! The problem was in the californian adventure park I was with my Mum and there wasnt many rides, or attractions that would interest her, she is a real woos with most rides, even the tea cups scare her. There wasnt much shade so we just decided to go to Disneyland and ended up spending the rest of the time there.

I went on
Soarin' Over California
Muppetvision 3-D a few times
Tower of Terror
and a few more.
and just generally had a look round the park wasting precious ride time.
Hope to go back there soon tho! Too many places I want to go to. (so little cash) :smile:

MissterPiggy

Reaction score
Glad You Enjoyed the Show!

To those who've visited Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage:
It's great to recieve feedback from fans and colleagues like yourselves on a show that doesn't get very much attention. We apriciate hearing your kind words and love that you love us! Hope to see you next time at the Big Blue House at California Adventure.
Thank you so much!
Bear's "friend"...MissterPiggy

BEAR

Reaction score
Its a great show. I have only seen it once, but I remember lighting up even more when each Big Blue House pal popped up in the opening song. I was so excited to see that I was like a little kid all over again.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
MissterPiggy, MissterPiggy!!!

Hey there! Great to have a cast member visit the board! Yes, it's an AWESOME show, and I can hardly believe you guys don't all the attention you deserve!!!

I'm sure you've heard about the Muppet Auditions in North Hollywood on September 23rd. Anyway, I'm planning on visiting DCA after the auditions and was wondering if there was a way I (and maybe a couple others) would be able to meet and talk with you and some of the other performers?

My wife and I got to see the show in early June, and I REALLY wanted to stay after and try to talk to you guys, but my legs fell asleep and my wife practically had to drag me out of the hall!

Thanks again for visiting Muppet Central!

Anthony :smile: