Bean Bunny

Lamina

Reaction score
What did you think of Bean Bunny?
That's the point when I stopped watching... Muppet Babies jumped the shark when they introduced a new character. What do you think?
:halo:

BEAR

Reaction score
I really like Bean, actually. I don't remember him on The Muppet Babies, but outside of that, I've always liked the little guy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bean was a good addition to the MB cast. You have to remember, this was after his introduction in The Tale of the Bunny Picnic and JHH in/around 1988/1989. So his late addition was a move to maybe try and incorporate him to the already-established group and also probably give him some added time to integrate himself as an overall character to the main Muppet core.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought Bean was good on Muppet Babies, they were really trying hard to make him a full character. But yeah, he's being there was a sign that the show was jumping the shark. I think it's hard to just add a new regular cast member into the mix and not interrupt the flow of the show. Whereas Baby Bunsen and Beaker were only occasional "guest stars."

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, Baby Bunsen and Beaker were awesome! Didn't Bunsen have huge bunny slippers?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible... And on the subject of MB additions...
Don't forget Camilla was a stuffed chicken in real MB's reality, but became a live little chicken in their imaginary world.
There were also appearances by Robin as a tadpole in his fishbowl.
Little/Toddler Janice appeared once in an episode with Bean Bunny.
And then they had Statler and Waldorf as uncles who would come in and babysit from time to time.

Oh and Bry, there was a neat little SS reference in the episode where a bug got into Scooter's computer spy game, when they were parodying Ghostbusters.

BEAR

Reaction score
Really, Ed? What was the reference? It's been so long since I've seen the cartoon I don't remember.

Lamina

Reaction score
Yea I actually LOVED when they had guest stars and I loved Camilla in fantasy world. Bunson and Beeker rocked and they knew there place on the show. They fit in perfectly in amazing episodes, I just dont feel that way about Bunny but Im glad you all enjoyed him.
:halo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, I think there was too much emphasis on Bean, every scene was about how cute he was or how he was taking over the scene. They weren't trying to blend him into the story. At least, that's how I remember it. And that's usually why new characters don't work on TV shows.

Yeah, it is amazing how well Bunsen and Beaker fit in to the group, and still stayed true to their adult personalities. I actually like Baby Bunsen better than adult Bunsen lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The Count said:
Bean was a good addition to the MB cast. You have to remember, this was after his introduction in The Tale of the Bunny Picnic and JHH in/around 1988/1989. So his late addition was a move to maybe try and incorporate him to the already-established group and also probably give him some added time to integrate himself as an overall character to the main Muppet core.
He was also in The Muppet's go to Disney World at the time, too.

I thought he was a great addition to the show.