Batman Begins...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Anyone else excited about next year's Batman Begins? I think the title is a little lame (hopefully it's a working title) but it looks like it will be interesting. They say they have moved away from the look and tone of the past movies and will be doing a complete "reboot" of the film franchise.

Check out the all-star (and this time all-talented) cast they've put together:

BATMAN/Bruce Wayne - Christian Bale
Alfred Pennyworth - Michael Caine
James Gordon - Gary Oldman
Bruce Wayne's Obligatory & Ultimately Disposable Love Interest - Katie Holmes
Ra's Al Ghul - Ken Wantanabe (!)
The Scarecrow - Cillian Murphy
Henri Ducard (Ra's Al Ghul's flunkie)- Liam Neeson
Lucius Fox (Head of Wayne Industries) - Morgan Freeman

Here's the official Warner Bros synopsis:

Director Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia) and screenwriter David S. Goyer (the Blade trilogy) join forces for another action-packed chapter of the Batman saga!

As a young boy, Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of him - a trauma that leads him to become obsessed with revenge. But the opportunity to avenge his parent's deaths is cruelly taken away from him by fate.

Fleeing to the East, where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, Bruce returns to his now decaying Gotham City, which is overrun by organized crime and other dangerous individuals manipulating the system. Meanwhile, Bruce is slowly being swindled out of Wayne Industries, the company he inherited.

The discovery of a cave under his mansion, along with a prototype armored suit, leads him to assume a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong; he becomes Batman!!!

In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party that is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right.

This will either be the Batman we've always wanted, or a bigger flameout than Batman & Robin!!

dmx10101

Reaction score
BATMAN/Bruce Wayne - Christian Bale :confused:
Alfred Pennyworth - Michael Caine
James Gordon - Gary Oldman
Bruce Wayne's Obligatory & Ultimately Disposable Love Interest - Katie Holmes :flirt:
Ra's Al Ghul - Ken Wantanabe (!)
The Scarecrow - Cillian Murphy :confused:
Henri Ducard (Ra's Al Ghul's flunkie)- Liam Neeson :confused:
Lucius Fox (Head of Wayne Industries) - Morgan Freeman :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I can't wait. I think it'll be a great film (finally) since the Keaton movies.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Since I don't think it's humanly possible for it to be worse than Batman and Robin, I'll definately go see it out of curiousity. My favorite will always be Burton's Batman Returns though. I heard something about Hallie Berry being the future CatWoman....is that true? I'm not too keen on that one but it's just because I'm not a big fan of hers after her placement as Storm in X-Men.
I also have to say I'll miss the old Alfred :stick_out_tongue:

The Narrator

Reaction score
RubberDucky said:
I heard something about Hallie Berry being the future CatWoman....is that true?
Hallie Berry will be Catwoman, but in a wholly separate movie of her own, separate from the Batman franchise. From what I've seen thus far, though, it looks pretty darn trashy--and not even in a good way.

I love Christian Bale, but I just can't see him as Bruce Wayne or Batman. Micheal Keaton was inspired casting and every Batman since then has just been riding the waves of popdom, it seems. Ah, well. At least we're not going to have to deal with Travolta as a villian in this flick (speaking of popdom).

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this. A great cast, and a very intelligent director!

leliebel

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I suddenly thought of Gonzo in a batman suit...

buckshot

Reaction score
this looks to be the redeeming batman movie. i haven't really been impressed since burton stopped directing. i think christian bale will be excellent in that role.