Bart, Bert's brother

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Bart, Bert's brother? I had always wondered why Ernie does not have his own twin brother. I mean, Bert has a nephew, Ernie has a niece. Some might has to be a sibling of Ernie's. I just have this great idea that Ernie should have a twin brother named Arnie, of whom would be the direct opposite of Bart and Ernie, but act very much like Bert. I also think it would be cool if Ernie and Bert find out that they both have a long-lost cousin named Bernie, a muppet combination of Bert and Ernie. I don't know why, but I think these are good ideas. What do you guys think?

Muppetmonster

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know. It'd be interesting.
If you want to see a video clip of Bert's brother Bart, it's available on youtube.com
Just search for Sesame Street and you'll see it eventually

SesameMike

Reaction score
Don't forget that Bert has an Aunt Matilda. She was mentioned at least twice (Bert gift-wrapped a hat for her, but Ernie opened it; Bert thought Ernie decorated the apartment for her b-day, but the special visitor was really "you", the viewer) but we never saw her. I wonder what she looked like? Same pointy head? Does she have Bert's reserved or Bart's open personality, or a combination of both?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
muppetmonster said:
Does anyone remember Bart, Bert's brother? I had always wondered why Ernie does not have his own twin brother. I mean, Bert has a nephew, Ernie has a niece. Some might has to be a sibling of Ernie's. I just have this great idea that Ernie should have a twin brother named Arnie, of whom would be the direct opposite of Bart and Ernie, but act very much like Bert. I also think it would be cool if Ernie and Bert find out that they both have a long-lost cousin named Bernie, a muppet combination of Bert and Ernie. I don't know why, but I think these are good ideas. What do you guys think?

Muppetmonster
It seems to me muppetmonster that you have some very good fanfiction potential there.:smile:
Why don't you consider having a go at writing a Sesame Street story featuring Bart and Arnie going to visit their twin brothers at the same time?
It could be very funny if some other characters start to get confused when they see them before realizing who they are.:wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
good point, SesameMike. I suppose Aunt Mathilda is probably the mother of Brad, Bert's nephew. :frown:

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Gonzo, think for your idea. I will seriously think about doing that. Thanks for the idea.

Muppetmonster

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
muppetmonster said:
Bill Bubble Gonzo, think for your idea. I will seriously think about doing that. Thanks for the idea.

Muppetmonster
You're welcome muppetmmonster.
BTW it's Bill Bubble Guy. You have me crossed with GonzoLeaper :smile:

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Oh, man. This is harder than I thought. I am trying to write a little segment with Bart and Arnie, but I can not think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas for a segment? Thanks.

Muppetmonster

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Writer's block can be a terrible thing muppetmonster but don't let it discourage you. From what I can gather Bart and Arnie are supposed to have the exact opposite personalities of Bert and Ernie. So that they'd be like Bert and Ernie with their roles reversed.
Well on the assumption that they don't live together like Bert and Ernie do but they just happen to come visit their brothers at the same time think about them maybe arriving on Sesame Street in their separate cars and after parking them they happen to meet each other and Bart says "Hey Arnie ol'pal This is a wonderful surprise." Arnie is shocked "Oh no not you Bart. I thought I'd have a peaceful time visiting my brother Ernie."
See maybe Bert and Ernie each recieved a letter from his own brother announcing that they were coming. So they knew to expect them but Bart and Arnie did not expect each others presence.
I'm thinking that the two sets of twin brothers would get along okay together because of natural family affections. However just as Ernie is sometimes a nuisance to Bert his flatmate so would Bart be a nuisance to Arnie whenever they spend time together(perhaps Arnie moved out of Bart's home because he couldn't put up with his friend's antics all the time).
So Bart is excited to see Arnie but Arnie is dejected because he knows that Bart will certainly disrupt the peace he was hoping for on his holiday.

I hope my friend that you will read this post sometime and maybe it will help inspire some ideas for your own story writing

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
muppetmonster if you come on line sometime I do hope you notice this. I'm trying to help and encourage you buddy.