Barkley the dog

suchislife

Reaction score
HIIII I'm new to this place so forgive me if I have placed this in the wrong place.

I am a lover of the ginger haired Barkley the dog. As a kid I always wanted a dog like him. But sadly was never blessed with a toy/figurine of him.

I have recently been on the hunt for a toy/figurine and so far have only come across a crappy beanie thing that looks nothing like him :frown:

can anyone help? Is there somewhere I could look to find him?

btw I'm in Australia, IF that helps, or if that might cause problems

thank you!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I have never seen a Barkley item, and I've checked ebay for years.
Not sure if he is even out there anywhere, but best of luck in your search.
If he could have talked there would probably be a better chance of a puppet or good stuffed doll, they made a few Snuffys after all.

BEAR

Reaction score
The only Barkley item that I'm aware of is the beanie that was made, which is pretty cute. I have that one along with all the other beanies. Not sure if they're still available in stores or not. I also have a very old plastic Barkley figurine. There is nothing out there now that I'm aware of though and they may be due to the fact that Barkley really isn't seen much on the show anymore these days.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame that Fun4All and Palisades had to cancel their Sesame Street action figure lines, and that the anonymous company that considered makign Sesame Street figures chose not to get the license. Then again, we don't know if those companies ever intended on producing a Barkly figure.

In 1998, back when the 30th anniversary beanies were made, there was also a set of 30th anniversary PVCs. Was there a Barkly PVC in this collection?

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I remember a year or two ago, maybe more, that there was a cute Barkley Christmas ornament. I can't remember where it was from or who made it. I'll do a little more digging & get back to you.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I have a Barkley figurine. Not for sale though.:frown: Anyways, it has him with a shoe in his mouth, sort of looking like one of :stick_out_tongue: 's pair of sneakers. I bought it at a SSL show in 02', along with a Baby Natasha figurine which I just can't find!:crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes. There was a Barkley PVC. It's pretty hard to find, as only one exists, and it's from the late 80's early 90's.

The beanbags would be from Tyco, and a lot of them aren't that good looking (Mumford was incredably hairy. not to sound weird or anything).