Bank Woes! Help ease my mind!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Hey. I know I haven't posted in a while. I need a bit of a mini rant and...yeah.

I went to Dollar Tree today to buy some scrap-booking items. I didn't have cash (silly lack of ATM-age), I tried to use my debit card (they don't accept credit). I swiped my card and tried to put in my PIN, to which it told me I had the wrong number. I tried several times and it wouldn't work. The place also wouldn't accept my check (they pre-screen their checks). The cashier told me they had been having problems all day and I asked if they accepted temp checks (I had some temp checks for another account in my car) to which she said yes, as long as I wrote in all the info. By the time I got back from my car, the manager was at the register telling me she would not accept my temp check. I rolled my eyes and left, thinking nothing of it.

Tonight I tried to check my automated teller phone number and IT won't accept my PIN. Now I'm freaking out. My mom is also on the account and is going to check with the bank first thing in the morning, but there's a totally logical reason for this, right? My mind always goes straight to the worst!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but I instantly lost interest in this topic when you mentioned "Dollar Tree". Gah, my mom ALWAYS buys so much USELESS JUNK from that store!

Plus I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so sorry I can't be of any help.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well from my experience most of the time the bank is in the wrong. Maybe they needed you to update or change your PIN and you just missed the request in the mail (which has happened to me). But there is nothing you can do tonight about it and there isn't any reason for you to fret over it. I am sure there is a logical reason for it. As far as dollar tree.....well that manager just assumed you didn't have the money because of the whole debit card thing, and that was wrong of them. I hope everything turns up alright and try to get some rest.
~Angie

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Thanks. I just wanted to see someone else say it so I could convince myself a little more :wink:

It's that whole strength in numbers thing I guess.

Skye

Reaction score
Oh wow, Sarah. I'm not too brilliant with everything involved in things like this, but I really hope it all works out alright for you, too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but I instantly lost interest in this topic when you mentioned "Dollar Tree". Gah, my mom ALWAYS buys so much USELESS JUNK from that store!
So does my mom!:smile:

Anyway, feel better Sarah!:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks. I just wanted to see someone else say it so I could convince myself a little more :wink:

It's that whole strength in numbers thing I guess.
Strength in PIN numbers? Mwahahaha....um?

Hey, Sarah, good to see you here even if in troubling circumstances! Couldn't you just pluck some dollars off the tree and use those?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Y0u mean money actually grow on trees now? *Gasp for air*