Baby Natasha

scarecroe

Reaction score
My Sesame watching has been somewhat limited through the years after I stopped watching as a child and the time when I started to become a Muppet fanatic again, so I was hoping someone could clear up this clouded issue.

To start with, I'm forgetting Baby Natasha's parents names. Secondly, my brother seems to think that Telly is their son as well, making him Natasha's brother. Now, I've never seen them together, but he swears that this was the case.

Can someone clear this up?

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi!
Humphrey and Ingrid are the parents. As far as I know, Telly is not related to them. In one of the hurricane shows, we hear Telly's mom offscreen ("Telly! Dinner!") and she sounds nothing like Ingrid.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ryan. I figured as such, but based on your percentage of uncertainty, my brother still doesn't believe me! LOL!

Does anyone else have any evidence to support this fact?

Joggy

Reaction score
In the early 80's, the puppet used for Natasha's mother (Ingrid) was a completely different character. Her name was Mona and she was Telly's sister. She loved to play pretend.

Ryan

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's right! She was originally played by Camimle Bonora.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
In the early 80's, the puppet used for Natasha's mother (Ingrid) was a completely different character. Her name was Mona and she was Telly's sister. She loved to play pretend.
So does this make Telly, Natasha's uncle? I just got confused :confused:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Telly is not related to Natasha. They're both monsters, but that's it. Natasha is Ingrid and Humphrey's first (and thus far only) offspring. If you watch their skits-- this is quite obvious.

The thing about Telly and Muppet formerly known as Mona now known as Ingrid-- Muppets get recycled. Mona isn't connected to the current incarnation as Ingrid. Sometimes they try things out and decide to drop them. In this case, they didn't continue with the Mona character and decided to reuse an existing Muppet when it came time to cast Ingrid. Sort of like one actor in a stock company playing several parts in a single production.

At least that's my understanding....

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their input!

I may finally be able to prove to my brother that Telly is not Natasha's brother :rolleyes:

Gonzo

Reaction score
BUT will you be able to prove that Natasha isn't Telly's SISTER?

THERE'S the problem!

I personally think they're unrelated, unless there's been a little somethin-somethin goin' on on the Street.

Best not to go too far with that.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
BUT will you be able to prove that Natasha isn't Telly's SISTER?
<telly>Gee, I never thought of that. What she IS my sister, but I'm not her brother?! OH NO! THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE!!!</telly>
I personally think they're unrelated, unless there's been a little somethin-somethin goin' on on the Street.

Best not to go too far with that.
Hm, you're probably right about that. Peter Spears is in enough trouble for all of us combined :stick_out_tongue: