Baby Elmo/Lola/Pancho Merch

SSLFan

Reaction score
I saw the weirdest thing today at Party City, lol. There was merchandise of Baby Elmo along with Baby Lola and Baby Pancho of Plaza Sesamo. It's pretty odd since it featured Elmo with international muppets, but yet, it was cool. I wonder why they didn't have anything with Alberlardo though? I guess since kids would probably confuse him with being Big Bird or something...

Has anyone been seeing any marketing with international muppets?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've seen Rechov Sumsum/Shalom Sesame shirts online for sale in the US and I snapped up a Pancho plushie when I went to the Strong Museum in 2001. But that's all I've seen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only international Sesame merchandise I've actually seen here in the U.S. was a Lola beanie in one of those rigged iron claw/prize grabber machines (she was crammed down in the bottom); Walmart had two Plaza Sesamo DVDs in the Spanish department about four years ago, one of which I got as a Christmas gift ("Vamos a Cantar").

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen Rechov Sumsum/Shalom Sesame shirts online for sale in the US

Basically just logo stuff... I saw that. I'd love a plush or better yet a PVC of Moishe Oofnik somewhere....

As for Plaza Sesamo.... I saw Plaza Sesamo Baby Bibs at the local Family Dollar last year.... but I ain't that hard up for collectibles. I thought about it, though.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
When my daughter was born 2 years ago, my brother got her a set of Elmo/Lola/Pancho face cloths and one piece (or "onesies") that also came with a little carrying bag with all 3 characters on it. Being half Hispanic, I thiught it was a nice gift and was glad to see some Plaza Sesamo characters make their way to the U.S. merchandise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw the weirdest thing today at Party City, lol. There was merchandise of Baby Elmo along with Baby Lola and Baby Pancho of Plaza Sesamo. It's pretty odd since it featured Elmo with international muppets, but yet, it was cool. I wonder why they didn't have anything with Alberlardo though? I guess since kids would probably confuse him with being Big Bird or something...

Hey SSLFan, were these little plushies/beanies that came in a box? If so, then I saw the same thing in the baby needs aisle at Food City yesterday.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hey SSLFan, were these little plushies/beanies that came in a box? If so, then I saw the same thing in the baby needs aisle at Food City yesterday.
Haha I never knew there WERE beanies of the Plaza Sesamo characters. But, what I saw was mostly stuff for infants, ya know...bibs, bottles, that type of stuff. Majority of it had Baby versions of Elmo, Lola, and Pancho. Again, no Alberlardo. Strange.:search:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haha I never knew there WERE beanies of the Plaza Sesamo characters.
I DID mention seeing a Lola beanie crammed down in an iron claw machine several years ago. :wink: