Baby Animal homemade for my Cousin!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've got lots of pictures of the whole process that I wanted to share here. Is this the right forum category? Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

I work the graveyard shift, came up with the idea of making this stuffed toy in the middle of the night last Thursday. So when I left work Friday morning, I bought all the stuff and laid it out on my desk at home. When I woke up later (around 3pm Friday) I got started. Finished his head as far as getting his eyes and nose attached. Went to work, ugh!

Saturday, around 4pm I woke up and dove right in. Finished his mouth & stuffed his head, then got his legs drawn, cut, and sewn. Also drew & cut out his torso. Took everything to work that night, and on my first break I drew out his arms and got those cut as well. Later, on my lunch hour, I turned out his legs and got those stuffed, that took the whole hour! Getting them turned right-side-out was a chore w/o any tools besides the end of the scissors, ha.

Got home that morning & stitched his arms together, then stuffed 'em. Now the hardest part, sewing everything together! Did that, stuffed his body, then attached his head. Final touches included his bow, diaper, and finger & toe stitching. This last day was all hand sewn stuff. I used my wifes' sewing machine for the big sewing jobs; body, arms & legs, head, eyes, etc.

Then I even made a box to put him in, and we were only half an hour late for the party. By that time, I had been awake for over 24 hours, yawn. But my little cousing loved it! He's my second cousing actually, my cousins' first kid, and it was his first birthday, yay! Everyone else loved it too. My Gramma and a few others didn't know he was a Muppet Baby, but my sister and cousins did! My cousin is doing her sons' room in Sesame Street, and her favorite Muppet is Animal, so I thought it waaaay appropriate to make him a Baby Animal.

Here's the progress & final product pictures, whatchoo think? Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

P.S. Mods, please feel free to move this to the correct section if this isn't the right place.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks MisterSuperstar! I was actually going for brilliant! :wink:

I forgot to add that this version of Baby Animal is the one I always think of & draw. Kinda like a newborn Animal, he isn't yet wearing his little outfit or bonnet, though he is wearing a bow. Plus, he's only got the one tooth.

I really liked seeing a physical being of this Baby Animal, it was hard to give him up! I hope you guys like him too.

:smile:

P.S. Something else I just remembered, Baby Animal is 2 Feet Tall! I was gonna take a picture of him next to my MR Kermit, but ran out of time.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That is so cool! I really like that. You did an awsome job. Keep up and maybe more to come.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks buddy! I think I might throw some of those pics on my MySpace.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It's beautiful! Wonderful. I bet your baby cousin loves it! Geez, even I would love it, how can you not? :embarrassed: Fabulous needlework, by the way, you can hardly tell how you attached the legs, very seamless. I've sewn dolls and things before. I'm competent, but no wizard. I'm impressed! :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'm no wizard either! LOL. Thanks for your comments everybody, making me feel like I might need to make more sooner than I thought! :wink: