Azure Fanart | Muppets

AzureMischief

Reaction score
Get ready for a Zel-avalanche (for sure :wink:), guys.

But before posting arts, there's a couple of things I'd like to warn you about.

I used to draw and have lots of finished misc Muppet fanarts back in 2000s. Half of them I mailed to Ulitsa Sezam whenever there was a chance, and with the other, remaining half I'm not happy enough to post it here due to quality. I sure will share them if you'd like, but only when there'll be better versions of them.
And second, now that it's been 5 years since I've got a 9-to-5 job, it sure does affect my drawing speed. So bear -> :embarrassed: <- with me if breaks between updates may seem too long to you.

Anyway, it's an opening post and Azure Mischief proudly presents Zeliboba in his glory!

...eh, rather, Zelibaby, because here he is, actually, a teeny weeny newborn spirit. :smile: Drawn in now-free GraphicsGale...

...and painted with watercolours.

And looky how the boy had grown up since:

More to come! I can create a sister thread to show off non-Muppet fanart as well if anyone's interested. :smile:

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I clicked into this thread expecting good artwork certainly, but I am blown away by the uniqueness on display here. I’ve never seen a piece fan art that looks this way before, in any fandom. Fantastic work, I can’t wait to see anything else you produce! :smile:

AzureMischief

Reaction score
@Old Thunder - Thank you so much, I'm genuinely flattered! :big_grin: 20-ish years of practicing and love for Zeli and his muppet pals weren't for nothing.

As for how long it sometimes takes me to paint a piece perfectly... maybe take a look yourself: <Example - 6 pics>
This one actually had more than six previous versions, all flawed, and will likely have one (I hope) more revamp. As for Zeli being in his "wild" form - it's supposed to be an illustration for my fanfic about his before-Sesame life (and used to let me save blue pencils and markers, because they always ended first with that mantle of his, haha).

Anyways, here goes 'nother piece (now owned by a crew of a small theater). Le magic pillow/blanket fort! :big_grin:

The bobcat girl is named Missy and is my own toon alter-ego. The guest stars are none other than Christian Elias Drosselmeyer (the one from Hoffmann's Nutcracker and the Mouse King) and his wife Martha. But since going on about them would be an off-topic here, I'll show more pics of them in another thread.

And since you guys are interested after all... Here goes this very sister thread.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Get ready for a Zel-avalanche (for sure :wink:), guys.

But before posting arts, there's a couple of things I'd like to warn you about.

I used to draw and have lots of finished misc Muppet fanarts back in 2000s. Half of them I mailed to Ulitsa Sezam whenever there was a chance, and with the other, remaining half I'm not happy enough to post it here due to quality. I sure will share them if you'd like, but only when there'll be better versions of them.
And second, now that it's been 5 years since I've got a 9-to-5 job, it sure does affect my drawing speed. So bear -> :embarrassed: <- with me if breaks between updates may seem too long to you.

Anyway, it's an opening post and Azure Mischief proudly presents Zeliboba in his glory!

...eh, rather, Zelibaby, because here he is, actually, a teeny weeny newborn spirit. :smile: Drawn in now-free GraphicsGale...

...and painted with watercolours.

And looky how the boy had grown up since:

More to come! I can create a sister thread to show off non-Muppet fanart as well if anyone's interested. :smile:
Wowzers! I'm with Ole' Thunderpants, here. These are absolutely unique and gorgeous! :flirt:

AzureMischief

Reaction score
Long time no see, eh? Have a couple of humorous/cozy pics of a "wild" Zeli from 2013(-ish, painted with acrylics and now being slooowwwwwlllyyyy repainted with gouaches because I can :stick_out_tongue: ) and from last year (a mini gouache pic).
Treating himself to some grapes...

WIPs of the newer, gouache version (first part is a clean-up over rough sketch on a lightbox):

...and waiting till all of them melt into the gel-like, sparkly blue magic he's almost entirely made of (/fanon). :insatiable::big_grin:

WIPS along with an older version:

I really love how robust is this paper. It could handle washing the first, failed coloring completely off AND keep the texture even after multiple layers of gouache.

AzureMischief

Reaction score
Happy 2020, guys! :big_grin: Have a newly-woven Zeli.
Long ago a song of Joe Dassin's, L'albatros, inspired me to draw the Dvorovoi being actually woven into a shape he has now.
Imagine a mysterious nowhere, full of flowy magic that is music and light and warmth at once, and a spirit appearing out of it - given no name yet, all flowy and glimmery himself, but already loving and beloved.

Now take a look at how he turned out the very first time, along with a sketch made 22 years later :smile:.
I wasn't sure whether or not he should have a tail back then, but later decided that it'd fit his "tuxedo" coloring even more (and given that he's a spirit anyway, the tail's optional and appears when needed).

And WIPs:

AzureMischief

Reaction score
I know I've drowned you in Zelis, sorry not sorry XD But the case for today's one is, actually, his twenty-fifth birthday! April 19th!
And what other way can be to zelibrate it best, if not in your homeland, free and relaxed into being to the maximum? :flirt::flirt::flirt: