Avenue Q on Broadway

sugarsugarsweet

Reaction score
Hey gang, I hope nobody minds. But I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the new Muppet/Sesame Street parody Broadway show, "Avenue Q".

It DOES have adult content, to warn you, so if you're offended about it, disregard this. But the Hensons themselves have had input on the show, (Cheryl had to approve the look of one of the characters so that it didn't look too much like Cookie Monster)

n-e ways, I won't put the website link here, because I don't wanna make anybody mad. But I thought it was worth calling to your attention.

scarecroe

Reaction score
There's been lots of talk about it at ToughPigs.com and the ToughPigs Forum.

Tons of news releases and articles have been reprinted if you want to catch up on them. Someone recently mentioned that the cast album will be recorded very soon.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've heard that several of the NY-based Muppet performers are supposed to be in the cast. Rick Lyon is (or was before at least) and built the puppets I believe.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are many wonderful Henson folks involved including Rick Lyon, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, John Tartaglia, Peter Linz and others. It really is a testament to all the crew and performers that this production is on Broadway. Hopefully it will have a long and successful run.

The official site is here...

http://www.avenueq.com/

If you click on "The Buzz", you can see the latest reviews of the Broadway production.

Anybody here close enough to New York that you plan on going?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I just found out that I will be in NYC Sept. 5-8 so I'm trying to arrange tickets for Avenue Q and Little Shop while I am down there. I've been to NYC before but never managed to actually see a Broadway show since I was usually down there on tour so this should be a treat! :excited:

fishbone

Reaction score
hey buck

is your company looking for puppeteers?i'll email you later...day four? :confused:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
At the time I was working for another company but I haven't worked for them for years. I'd like to be touring again with a show of my own though. That's why I have to be down in NYC for some meetings. Keeping my fingers crossed...

BTW everyone, the Christian Science Monitor posted an interesting article on puppetry last week (Avenue Q is mentioned). Click here to view it.

dave02149

Reaction score
avenue q

this show is absolutley wonderful! it's not as racy as it sounds. I have seen it twice and I am going for another round in November!