Aveggies: Age of Bonbon

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, apparently SW didn't want to wait to premiere this on the next episode and leaked it online.

Okay, sure... they produced this before the movie came out (well before it) and it's more of a parody of the last film. But overall, another great Crumby Pictures. Cookie of course has to be The Hulk, a great effort from the puppeteers as usual. Nice little barbs about "This was a new costume for the sequel" and Hawkeye. Not to mention the wonderful background detail of Black Panther heads on banners. Why couldn't the Harry Potter one been this good? Maybe because all the effort went into this one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget Star S*Mores. Though some good references were pointed out in the Furry Potter parody, like the statue of The Amazing Mumford and the banner with minor SST characters like Chicago and Little Bird and Sammy the Snake representing the individual Hogwarts house emblem animals. Wonder which character could be used for Hufflepuff's badger though.

Will wait for Toughpigs or Mindset to post the video with "Play" button to watch this. Thanks for the Mupdate.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say Star Smores and Aveggies are two of the best Crumby Pictures they have to offer. The Harry Potter one had some nice background references in it, but it's disappointing they went with a sorting game instead of ..well...anything relative to the movies. Aveggies, even though it's the last movie with this upcoming one's title and villain, managed to have some great nods. Especially Cookie's "That's de secret. Me always Hungry" line.

And they outdid themselves with the character designs. I LOVE what they did with Onion Man.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the sketch thanks to the upload at Filmforce's website, dunno why Toughpigs and/or Mindset haven't posted it yet.

The only member of the team conspicuous by his absence was Falcon, though he could have been named Peppercorn.
The Mighty Corn's hammer, thoat could be named Mazorclnir
And they could have gone the extra mile to finally tie this to Numeric Con with a second cameo appearance by Grover as Nick Furry.

But I loved this parody and all the fun it poked at the Avengers' jauggernaut. Oh, that's a character from another Marvel franchise. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And they could have gone the extra mile to finally tie this to Numeric Con with a second cameo appearance by Grover as Nick Furry.
Or Grover as Spider-Monster saying "Huh. I am not supposed to be here yet, am I?"

Knowing SW loves (okay...needs) to reuse puppets, I'd love to see Onion Man used in another skit. The Aveggie AM's look great, but Onion Man's design is fantastic. Almost wish that Hasbro would take the hint and combine their Marvel license with their Sesame Street license for some sort of figure set of these guys. Very disappointed that there wasn't a Transformers Sesame Street line.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang... You just gave me the image of a technorganic Big Bird seated atop of Snuffy fused together as SkyLynx.

Maybe SW can keep the Aveggies AM's around for a Season 46 episode, most probably a street story—since Cookie's Crummy Pictures might be replaced—parodying Captain America 3: Civil War. Now there's the spot for Captain Americauliflower, Spider Monster and Onion Man. Hopefully accompanied by Jardinis (French term for chopped pickled vegetables that I don't know right now) as his AI assistant.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually that one I didn't quite get. If he turned into the Hulk to eat the ship, why couldn't he have done that in the first place? Aside from giving the lesson about focusing. Seems like there was a different twist at the end there.