Automatonophobic mother fears daughter might buy a Muppet toy

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah, but

um only one person said that they wanted to see her reaction, the only thing that I said was, omg your one of those people. that are curious to see the reaction of people, that are scared of certain things.
And I was only moderately joking when I said this board was full of sociopaths. I still stand by what I said that if you want to see someone get scared just for their reaction, you're a jerk. If you support traumatizing someone for the fun of it, then you're a jerk. If you dont see why causing the discomfort and pain of someone else on purpose just for your own amusement is wrong, then YES, you ARE a sociopath.

Please remember that in english 'you' and 'your' can be used to mean just a general hypothetical person. I was not addressing YOU or anyone else on this board personally.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Wasn't directed at anyone specifically Scooter. :smile: I just feel bad for the mom to be in that position of having that type of trauma.

gravy

Reaction score
I did not post that because I'm a sociopath (and I'm not), I was just wondering what they think of when they get scared and what goes on in their brain. Besides, it was midnight and I do not remember a single thing.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
And I was only moderately joking when I said this board was full of sociopaths. I still stand by what I said that if you want to see someone get scared just for their reaction, you're a jerk. If you support traumatizing someone for the fun of it, then you're a jerk. If you dont see why causing the discomfort and pain of someone else on purpose just for your own amusement is wrong, then YES, you ARE a sociopath.

Please remember that in english 'you' and 'your' can be used to mean just a general hypothetical person. I was not addressing YOU or anyone else on this board personally.
okay :laugh:, then why didn't you put an symbol to indicate that ?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Wasn't directed at anyone specifically Scooter. :smile: I just feel bad for the mom to be in that position of having that type of trauma.
I feel bad for her too, and I wouldn't dream of tormenting her, with something that she is scared of.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Something like that happened when I was little. I think I may have also suffered from it because I was really afraid of Child's Play / Chucky, and by association, dolls in general. My brothers teased me a lot about it. (even hiding a chucky doll under my bed, and filming it). Eventually I decided to watch all the movies, on my own terms. I found I really liked them.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I did not post that because I'm a sociopath (and I'm not), I was just wondering what they think of when they get scared and what goes on in their brain. Besides, it was midnight and I do not remember a single thing.
that happens to me sometimes too :laugh:.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Alright then. The way you were talking made me think you wanted to see the woman traumatized for teh lulz. So in that respect, I'm sorry.