Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
I'd like to make a suggestion. Right now Kermit head seems a bit rounded. Ther Kermit I know has more of a crease down he middle of his face.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Camellia said:
hi, ew :frown:

sorry, but this is just a marketing gimmick. don't fall for it kids :smile: The color is wrong on Kermit. He's supposed to be KERMIT GREEN, which is SPRING GREEN (not pastel Easter baby lime green). The best replica of Kermit was the Eden Kermit, c. 1990 and the Fisher Price Kermit c. 1978-80.

Cheers,
Camellia
First of all I want to apoligize. I know Travis already blew this comment out of the water, but I had to say something. I don't know what you ment by the term "gimmick" but you can't tell me that Eden, Fisher Price, Palisades and any other company that has produced Muppet merchandise has said, "Let's just make all of this stuff and not make any money on it." You see companys want to make money on what they produce. And it's even better when there is a passion behind it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
ElecMayhem said:
Hi Camellia-

Forgive me if I respectfully disagree...not on the point that the Eden Kermit and the FP Kermit were good, because they are. Although I am now a representative for Master Replicas, I am also a life long Muppet collector. I own both of these. And while the aforementioned plushes are very good...they are just that. Plushes. What we are striving for here is something completely different.

First of all, I almost wish that Kevin had not posted the pics of the Engineering Prototype Kermit...because, as we all agree, it is not so good. A lot of work to be done. But that's Kevin for you. He reminds me in a lot ways of another Product Development person I've had the good fortune to work with. He shares this stuff not because he has to, and not because it's a MARKETING TECHNIQUE...but because is passionate, and wants the fans to be involved, and in the end, he wants to make the best **** product possible.

I used to try to reign Ken in, and to stop him from sharing so much...because showing things in progress is a double-edge sword. (Believe me, as the Marketing guy, if this were a Marketing Technique, I would not have wanted those pics to be public...) But fact of the matter is, we (Kevin and I) are here -- as was/is Ken -- to try to get feedback from the people who are as passionate about this product as we are. No alterior motives, I swear to you...of course, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but that is the truth.

Anyway, yeah...I think in a lot of ways, the Engineering prototype was a step backwards, but Kevin is already working on correcting it. And your input is valuable, so please keep the comments coming.

In the meantime, I want to show you something. I received a series of pictures from the original prototyper, of what Kermit looked like before he was shipped out. Remember, the Kermit that you are seeing pictures of has literally been manhandled by HUNDREDS of people. And so (assuming I can get these links to work, here are some pictures of the original protoype...and of what hopefully, the final product will look like...)

In picture # 6, you see that there are two Kermits. The one on the left is the one that you have been seeing -- the one that has been manhandled. The one on the right, which you have never seen photos of before, was sent to the factory, and is what spawned the EP that Kevin posted pictures of recently. As you can see, it's along way off. BUT, this is what we are stirivng for. This is what the product needs to look like.

Personally, I am in love with it...but of course, I want to hear what you have to say...

Later,
Travis
Yes, Yes, oh yes!!!
Now Travis and Kevin, I have to ask....if you had a choice to choose a sample to preview to the world, why havent you picked the artist prototype in the first place?Silly billies!!!:wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I really like the side view of the latest one from China (especially after KermieBaby47 moved the corner of his mouth forward). The reason I like it is because it looks like there's a hand in his head and not stuffing.

But all of our comments are outdated... just make him look like the pictures Travis posted and he'll be perfect!

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. Kevin, sorry I didn't get to see you yesterday! Next time, I hope.

jaap

Reaction score
Hey they look great!
I'll defenitively buy one!

Jaap

propologist

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I met with Kevin on Thursday, and saw the new prototype from China. There's still a ways to go, and Kevin is all over their cases to get this right. For those of you who don't know Kevin yet, he's a man who strives for perfection in every project he takes on. And since he's also a Muppet fan, he wants to get this as close as humanly possible to spot-on accurate. Although he does work for a company that is in business to make money, they are also concerned about authenticity, quality, and pleasing the customer.

In this case the customer would be you, so Kevin's really interested in hearing anything and everything you all might have to say about this -- and any other -- Muppet project. If it passes muster with all of us here, then it will really knock the socks off of everybody else.

So please keep the input coming! Sorry it took me this long to get back and let you all know.

WasOnceErnie: Sorry I didn't get back to you on Friday. Everything hit the fan at once. Will try to call you Monday to set up our meeting about your project.

Thanks.

Mike
propologist

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey Mike, I just worked out which propologist made the pre China prototype!!

Stulz

Reaction score
Wow!

ElecMayhem said:
Personally, I am in love with it...but of course, I want to hear what you have to say...

Later,
Travis
WOW. That prototype awesome!

If the final product is like those, this line will be very successful!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
propologist said:
WasOnceErnie: Sorry I didn't get back to you on Friday. Everything hit the fan at once. Will try to call you Monday to set up our meeting about your project.
I'm so jealous and I miss you guys!

Anyhow, I agree with Mike's post to anyone who might be negative toward all this because I also know Travis and he's a mighty, mighty Muppet fan! I'm confident in this project because of Kevin and Travis and can't wait to get mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.