Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
So I guess "MR" doesn't just stand for Master Replicas anymore, because starting in 2006, they'll be offering Muppet Replicas!

Master Replicas, the creators of licensed prop replicas from such licenses as Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien(s), and Predator will soon be offering authentic Muppet replicas.

Early last year, Master Replicas aquired the license to create Disney replicas. On the slate so far has been Cinderella's Glass Slipper, and coins from Pirates of the Caribbean. Coming very soon are some great replicas from Chronicles of Narnia, and the Rocketeer.

Now, being shown to the public for the first time ever, is Master Replicas newest addition to their Disney licensed replicas collection: Kermit the Frog!

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/mr-pretoyfair-05/image1.asp

For those of you not familiar with Master Replicas, they are the top dogs when it comes to replica merchandise. You're going to be able to count on Kermit being a top notch replica, the closest you can get to owning a real Muppet. I dont have any more details, other than it will likely be part of the 2006 product line, given that they are now previewing it.

I'll keep you all posted with new info, pricing when I can find out, edition size, etc. I'll definitely post a review once it's released.

Kermit will be the be all end all of licensed Muppet merchandise, and I can guarantee you wont find a better item elsewhere. I'd definitely recommend jumping on board when ordering is available, as Master Replicas items tend to sell out very quickly. I fully expect this to be an ongoing line, pending the success of Kermit, so if you ever want to see a Gonzo or Animal replica, make sure to jump on board and support this up and coming line!

Whatever

Reaction score
This sounds rather unlikely. Cool if it's true though!

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Whatever said:
This sounds rather unlikely. Cool if it's true though!
Did you bother checking the photo? They have the prototype sitting right there on the shelf.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I saw something about this over on the Palisades board today. Really cool.

I imagine he'd be somewhere in the ballpark of the Angel Puppet maybe? I can't remember how much he was, but pretty reasonable I think, although he was a lot smaller.

Oh well, that's what credit cards are for right?

:smile:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Here's some more info from Steve Dymszo of Master Replicas:

"Kermit is our first "studio scale" Muppet replica. Copied directly from the original cut patterns and materials and stitch patterns. He is fully posable and moves exactly like the original. Our Disney designer, Kevin, can certainly address more details when he comes around as he is handling the Muppet reference and design.

If Kermit does well, I think there might be others... "

propologist

Reaction score
muppet replicas

Hi Guys,

The kermit that they are showing at pre-toy fair is not just a prototype it is a first production sample. I work with Master Replicas making thier protos as well as consult on thier projects. If everything goes well then there are will be lots of new stuff in the future of muppet fans every where. The price is not set yet.

Propologist
Mike

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I just heard about this. Will be trying to get more information form MR later this week. But if I'm reading everything right, these will be like the poser Muppets (or as Jim called them "photo copies"). These will be very good looking, accurate, and beautiful "dolls" for displaying. These aren't built to be working puppets. Right?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
propologist said:
Hi Guys,

The kermit that they are showing at pre-toy fair is not just a prototype it is a first production sample. I work with Master Replicas making thier protos as well as consult on thier projects. If everything goes well then there are will be lots of new stuff in the future of muppet fans every where. The price is not set yet.

Propologist
Mike
Given that the piece is that far along, any idea when an actual release might happen? Q1 2006 perhaps?

rtgentry

Reaction score
Awesome, please post more info when you find it

Status
Not open for further replies.