August 1st: The beginning of the new era

beaker

Reaction score
Alright...here we go...just a couple weeks til the moment weve been waiting for a few years now. I am confident with the vision and direction of Rivkin, and lessons learned from years prior; that JHC can finally break free of the quagmire they've been stuck in and finally continue on like it was 1989.

While it may not look like much, 2003 is an important year for Muppet fans. It is significant, as the Muppets are now squarely back in the merchandising scene...thats big as we can no longer say "Gee, I wish there was Muppet stuff to buy!" I believe it is simply the beginning.

Also, we are seeing the advent of Sesame Street finally being marketed for the more hip crowd...bringing Sesame closer to their Muppet Show brethren. Like a border line of a segmented country, Sesame may technically be seperated companywise from JHC...but I make no distinction. And while a reunification is not in the works for any time soon, for most of the world they never saw Sesame as seperate from the Muppets or JHC(which is a good thing)

The Muppet Baby revival...hmmm...while I was an endlessly big MB fan growing up, Im not sure it could work more than just 80' skitch for now...though it would be nice for a whole new generation and audience to be able to see what I consider one of the greatest cartoons ever.

MirrorMask: This is also important, as it marks the first time in over a decade and a half JHC Creature Shop will be making a fantasy film...you bring in contemporary gothic noir writers and directors, and this could be quite the visionary piece. I hope its the beginning of a new fantasy film revival for the company.

So my only questions are:
What is the status on the Fox show?
What are the chances of a Muppetfest 2 by next summer?
And finally, what are some of the visions or ideas JHC is cooking up for the coming year?
As I have confidence, that with the surprising news of a JHC buyback,
the Muppets can at least begin their ascention to new heralded great things again...even without the financial backbone of Disney, etc.
Soon, the Muppets will be coming back home.

Aaron

Reaction score
i love it when you make those big speechs

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Normaly I'd be cinical (cinicle? cinacle? cin… doubtful!) but these DVD releases of rather obscure speicals (speacals? I hate me) do give a little hope.