Atlanta: Muppet Fan Party Wed. at the AMC Phipps

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't mind getting up a little early? Then join Muppet Central member slackbot for a Muppet Movie Fan Party!

When: Wednesday, November 23 at 10:45 AM
Where: AMC Phipps Plaza 14
3500 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326

Kim's going to share details of the gathering here so be sure and post and let her know if you're bringing the coffee and donuts!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hi ho! I'm here! I'll be attending the matinee of The Muppets at the AMC Phipps, where tickets are $6.00. For this showing, that is. I'll be the skinny bespectacled broad all in denim, with a Muppet rainbow T-shirt. Very likely I'll be noodling around on a sketchbook in the theater lobby before the movie begins. Mention Muppet Central and I'll do ya a drawing.

A word of warning: Phipps Plaza does not have a food court. Would you believe it, a shopping mall during the holiday season that doesn't have a food court? But right diagonally across is Lenox Square, 5 minutes away if you walk slowly, and they have all the mall food you could ever want.

Afterward, we can go down Piedmont Rosd to Oxford Comics, a really nice comic shop with a nice stack of Muppet comic back issues!

Slackbot

Reaction score
To sweeten the deal, I just checked with the Center for Puppetry Arts, and they will be open 'til 3:00.* After seeing the movie we could go to the museum and see some of the puppets in person!

*They always close the museum at 3:00. Heck if I know why.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Be sure to take pictures and share them with everyone if you can. Sounds like a great time.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Alas, no photos are allowed in the museum. But I'll take photos in the theater if I meet anyone there.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
You guys have fun. I've been planning a meetup at the same location since September through a local fandom group, although we're not Muppets-specific. But we're attending the first showing on Saturday, 11/26.

Originally, our event was intended as invitation-only since it was related to a specific meetup group, but if there are any fellow Mupppets fans interested in joining us -- send me a PM before 11/26 and I'll do my best to make sure you have the details in advance.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The viewing was a "me party," as nobody else from Muppet Central showed. Given the time and date, I'm not shocked. No worries; I enjoyed it, and judging from the laughter I heard from both adults and children, so did the rest of the audience.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Already had plans -- sorry you had to watch it by yourself. A Muppets movie is always more enjoyable when you share the viewing experience with other fans.

Slackbot

Reaction score
No worries. I live alone. I do pretty much everything but work by myself. I'm used to seeing movies solo. That said, I do hope that I can see this with a certain group of friends who used to go out for movies. We're all Muppet fans.