Assistant to Miss Piggy

BEAR

Reaction score
In the Muppet films (atleast in the first three), there is a credit for Assistant to Miss Piggy. She is the only Muppet I believe that has this. What does that mean exactly? I mean, I know she is a big star, but what is the job description of her assist.?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It may, of course, be a joke. I'm not sure though.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Assistant to Miss Piggy is no joke. No other Muppet requires such special attention. An assistant might possibly be a Muppet builder who dresses her, maintains her wigs, decorates her hair and sees that she is prepared on the set to Frank Oz’s (or Eric Jacobson’s) standards. The assistant would also protect Miss Piggy from being touched by strange hands.

While other Muppets are stored away in plastic bags and boxes, Miss Piggy I would imagine has a custom built storage case for transport and protection.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I think Miss Piggy's assistant mostly handles her wardrobe. She does, after all, have a very extensive wardrobe. I don't think her assistant would handle her hair, because if you look, I believe she also has a hairstylist mentioned in the credits. Or, maybe not hairstylist, but I recall seeing something along the lines of someone being listed as taking care of Miss Piggy's appearance. Dang, now I can't remember the title... I guess I'll just have to watch a movie and look at the credits carefully... <sarcastic> Oh, darn...

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
It's funny actually, just the other day I was thinking that Miss Piggy may well be the new Madonna in terms of re-invention (and possibly acting skill :wink: ) But someone would have to look after all of Piggy's wigs and straighten them and curl them and dye them (she's a puppet, Dan, a puppet)