Assistance requested- Wayne & Wanda and Crazy Harry

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Hi all!

As you may know, I've written a few TMS outlines and posted them online. I'm working on another one, a first season one featuring James Caan, and I wanted to include a Wayne & Wanda sketch.

Now you know they were always interrupted and never finished an act. On the show, they made a stretch and figured out how to have Wayne get eaten. I want to have them be interrupted by the show's top interruptor, Crazy Harry, but I can't think of the right song for it. I need an old showtune or standard with an explosion keyword (bang, blast, dynamite, charge) in the beginning or in the chorus. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks much.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Ryan

Reaction score
"Hot Ginger and Dynamite"? It was in an old TMS annual.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
It was in an annual? Under what?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I just found out what "Hot Ginger and Dynamite" is. It's the title of a Pete Krebs album; it's not a song title. Thanks anyway for making the suggestion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Crazy Harry doesn't have to come up for just explosions. Crazy Harry can play with electricity, fire, etc. As long as it's violent.

You could do Hot time in the old town tonight, and then Harry can start a ire oor blow something up!

Or of course, You could do, I get a kick out of you, and Crazy Harry can come kin ninja style and kick one of them down.

I am working on on (please do NOT steal it!) with Wayne and Wanda singing with the Lolabuck Lou and his Jugg huggers band!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Drtooth: The name of the jugband is "Lobbuck Lou and his Jughuggers".

Gorgon Heap, you could always use a bit from a CD I happen to have. Here's the set-up:
Wayne and Wanda are singing some sort of Christmas song, like the Holly and the Ivy, with Crazy Harry just barely visible lurking behind some sort of stand (a couple of barrels or a few boxes in the background). Then when Wayne and Wanda lean for their big kiss, that's the moment that Crazy Harry jumps out and blows them up sky-high! The next part of the bit could be Kermit, watching off-stage,: "Well, I guess that's what happens when you stand too close under the mistletoe." Harry: "Did someone say "missile" toe?" Kermit: "Nooooohh!" A second blast from Crazy Harry's dynamite box then ensues, while we hear him laughing all the way back up to his dressing room. Hope this helps you out in some small measure.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Count,

What CD?

The skit is from the Cryptkeeper's "Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas" CD which I own in my collection of classic rockin' tunes. Let me know if this has been of any help for your outline.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The bit you described is on there? Guess I'm confused. Wayne & Wanda on the Cryptkeeper's CD sounds very unexpected, to say the least.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps I confused you a little.
Let me explain myself. The voices of Wayne and Wanda definitely don't appear on the Cryptkeeper's Christmas CD. However, there's a skit about midways through the CD where a couple of lovers suddenly get blown up for no apparent reason, followed by CK's dialogue. You said that you were looking for some sort of song for Wayne and Wanda where Crazy Harry came forth to explode the duo. What I suggested was a small sketch based on the skit in the CD, but tailored and rearranged to suit the purposes of your request to try and help shape your outline. If you need any further clarification on the subject, just let me know and I hope this really did provide at least some creative inspiration for your TMS episode outline.