Article by James Carroll

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Thanx Michele and welcome to the forum. :wink:
Hey Jamie or anyone out there,
Do any of you know what the names of the two guys in Sesame Street are? The guys I'm talking about are the two alien guys with honking noses, horns for ears and always say, "Nope nope nope nope; yep yep yep yep!"

I've been trying to find out for a while now!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Love the sig! I already emailed you with the answer but for everyone else out there - they are simpley called "The Martians" performed by Jerry Nelson snd Martin Robinson.

beaker

Reaction score
HEy! VERY nice avatar! The Sesame Martians are my faves from Sesame next to Telly and the Honkers. Sadly we still havent seen any merchandise for these guys. While Jamie might be technically right...I can fill in more. Fans refer to them as the 'Yip Yips' for obvious reasons, thought they are commonly referred to as the Sesame Martians. Like the Koozebanians or Frackles on TMS, they dont so much have specific names, just general refereces(like Blue Martian, Pink Martian, and Orange Martian) Anyways, these guys rock, and...

Jamie: Do you have Elmopalooza dvd? If so I was wondering if you could make a screengrab of when the martians were on Conan O Brien?(its for an article Im doing)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have nothing elmo. Are you surprised? LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I have nothing elmo. Are you surprised? LOL!<<<

no, not surprised...but if youve seen Elmopalooza, youd know its one of the coolest Muppet dvds out there! ^_^ The Count singing with Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Martians on Conan O'Brien, Kermit interviewing outside Radio City Music Hall, just great stuff.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We have different tastes. What I saw didn't jazz me.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: Cool Figures

Originally posted by SFPepe
I wasn't throwing accusations, it was generalized joke!

point is I LIKE THE FIGURES.
I took it as a joke. It's cool.

Fact is, factory conditions are not as bad as one might think anyway. In fact, living conditions in China are so bad that people are lining up for factory work and have to be turned away. Driving through the area where some of the factories are is truly saddening. There are huts made of garbage that people live in. In the factory they get three hots and a cot, live in a dorm, get clothes at little to no cost and free medical attention when needed. Yeah the work blows but factory workers live better than most people in that section of the country.

Just an FYI from your friendly neighborhood China-bound guy...

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
The Avatar

"HEy! VERY nice avatar! The Sesame Martians are my faves from Sesame next to Telly and the Honkers. Sadly we still havent seen any merchandise for these guys. While Jamie might be technically right...I can fill in more. Fans refer to them as the 'Yip Yips' for obvious reasons, thought they are commonly referred to as the Sesame Martians. " Original post from Beaker.

Jamie can attest to the fact that I was hounding him to remember who the "Yip, Yip" guys were. Once he told me that they are known as "The Martians" I did a search and found a "YIP-YIP" fan club. That's where I got the photo.
I just love these guys and thanks to Jamie for the info. :stick_out_tongue: .

Have any of you guys seen the "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas"? I have the VHS but of course I'd prefer to upgrade to DVD.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Thanks for the compliment on the Avatar. I became so excited to see that everyone had one that I had to go out and make one<<<

it looks great, I miss the yip yips. Hey, do ya ever go to those puppet guild meetings at the mason building with Jamie? I missed the last big one, despite being just 20 miles deep in sf from it. *sigh*

Great santa claus switch, emmet otter, musicians of brement...all specials I have yet to see which I doubt will be on dvd anytime soon. I wish people knew how to convert vhs to vcd-r tho!

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I have never been to a puppet guild meeting. I know Jamie through a friend. What do they do at the meetings? What's the address and when does that happen?